eBay selling question/problem...
Aug 23, 2011 at 4:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
I sold an 2nd generation ipod nano about a month ago with all original packing and accessories (plus installed invisible shielf screen protector) on eBay.  The buyer received and and have been using the nano for about 3 times a week for his/her nike plus runs for the past 4 weeks or so.  Buyer left me a positive feedback about 2 weeks ago for the transaction.

Now I just got an email 3 am in the morning from the buyer saying the nano stopped working and he or she want it resolved in a good manner...

Well, he or she has been using it without problem for the past about 4 weeks...  my listed problem/return period is 7 days.  Technically I have no further obligation right? 

I mean it sounds like the buyer want some sort of refund...  but really anything I do at this point is really just out of goodwill?

Thoughts?

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 6
He's buying a second hand unit so he should know these things could happen, especially with Apple. Further the guy could have trashed the unit himself. 

In my opinion if it was not defective when you sold it a month ago I'd say you have no further obligations.

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #3 of 6
"Caveat Emptor". The ipod was working and has stopped for reasons unknown (possibly misuse?). At least you agreed to a DOA return policy were many do not. You have no other obligations.

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #4 of 6
Is the item used? Because if it is, it can be assumed that the product have no warranty. The most important thing is that the item arrives without fault/as described. I don't think you're obligated to repair the iPod Nano.

Aug 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 6
You aren't really required to do anything and I don't believe that the buyer would win a paypal dispute either.  I think the best solution would be to explain politely that this is outside of what you cover and maybe offer a partial refund as a good gesture.... maybe just refund his shipping costs.
Or just tell him to go to an Apple store, since they should be pretty lenient on their warranties and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back