ebay seller warning list 2011
May 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alphaphoenix

Banned by order of heir wallet and significant other.
Opened May 30, 2011. 

The purpose of this new thread is similar to many others but in a more current content.  I'm sure most of us have purchased from ebay and many of us, myself included also sell on ebay.  Despite some good deals can be had, some of us got scammed in the process.  Warning others of possible scams is a positive action towards this community in efforts to save on the grief and lost coin with bad ebay sellers. 

Here's mine:

ebay seller: enders*nebula_paranor
Purchased Westone 2.  Communication was open and relatively fast at first, but once I PayPaled the money, all communication stopped and I received nothing after 3 weeks (seller is located in CO).  Luckily, I did not pay as gift, and so, I'm waiting for ebay's evil twin, PayPal, to reverse the transaction with my claim against the seller.  Why PayPal needs a week for this and that is beyond me.

Sound all too familiar?

May 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 5
Great idea for a thread, I hope it takes off for everyone's benefit.

May 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 5
Good chance that they will, but it's worth knowing what they were and their new aliases if known.  Other head-fi members have identified patterns of scammers who did change aliases and resulted in the scammer's aliases to be banned.  Also, it's good to identify sellers who sell fake stuff, knowing or not.

May 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #5 of 5
eBay user name:  Supra_Buyer is Mikhail Rottenberg.  In general around Head-Fi he is known to be a scam artist, but he seems to still be on eBay.  In any event he sold some bad tubes to me at some point.  In the past he seems to have scammed a number of people with his Single Power amps, don't want to beat a dead horse, but he is still on eBay, last I noticed selling tubes.  For those tha tgot taken by him don't mean to pour salt on old wounds, as I'm there with yah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back