Ebay Rant
Jun 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kool bubba ice

Headphoneus Supremus
Why don't people leave feedback for a positive transaction. I always send a pm to the buyer when their item ships & includes delivery confirmation without any added cost to them. It just upsets me. I'm a nice a responsible seller.

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 18
I pretty much always leave feedback for stuff I've bought off ebay, but I admit I prefer that sellers leave feedback first, e.g. after I've paypaled the funds (this has happened in a bit less than half of the transactions I've completed over there).

I leave feedback after I've received the goods, and am content with it.  

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 18
It's definitely laziness. I don't use ebay often but don't really do too much feedback there unless the seller specifically asks me to. It's like here sorta. I've done many more transactions than my feedback indicates

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #8 of 18
I try to leave feedback as soon as possible when I've received my item and also ask the other party if they could do the same when they have a chance. Some of them do and some of them don't, maybe it's due to laziness or being too busy that they completely forgotten.

Jun 19, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #9 of 18
How many feedback you got so far? If you have like more than 50+ with ratings of at least 99%, I really wouldn't be bothered chasing those feedbacks.
To me (as a buyer), there is no difference in credibility between seller with 50 feedback or the one with 200 feedback. I'm more concerned with the value of the items on the feedback in relation to the value of the item that I'm bidding from a seller.

eg. if I'm looking at $1000+ item, I would really hesitate to bid if the 200+ feedback were mainly either sellers feedback or low value items. A  person with 50 feedback who's sold expensive items before would look much more credible to me.

But I always leave feedback regardless that I'm selling or buying, I just don't like to have those "things that are not really complete yet" under my transaction. Just a slight OCD I guess...

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #10 of 18
I have 100% positive. 203 feedback. I make sure my customers are happy. I only sold expensive items on headfi. 700.00 being the most. One bought 2 BR disc & they arrived literally torn. I don't accept returns but made a exception for him. I even covered the return shipping. I gave him a complete refund. It was the right thing to do & I value my feedback. I should have a lot more. It means a lot to me.. Just like getting a perfect 5 for shipping & handling rating.. Maybe I have too much pride.. But if I give you excellent service I should be rewarded for it by positive feedback. It's not hard.

Quote:
How many feedback you got so far? If you have like more than 50+ with ratings of at least 99%, I really wouldn't be bothered chasing those feedbacks.
To me (as a buyer), there is no difference in credibility between seller with 50 feedback or the one with 200 feedback. I'm more concerned with the value of the items on the feedback in relation to the value of the item that I'm bidding from a seller.

eg. if I'm looking at $1000+ item, I would really hesitate to bid if the 200+ feedback were mainly either sellers feedback or low value items. A  person with 50 feedback who's sold expensive items before would look much more credible to me.

But I always leave feedback regardless that I'm selling or buying, I just don't like to have those "things that are not really complete yet" under my transaction. Just a slight OCD I guess...

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #13 of 18
It's laziness.  Doesn't make it right.  Like Miguel, I've learned to live with it 
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #14 of 18
I always leave feedback when it's appropriate, it's the right thing to do.

Jun 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #15 of 18
It just shows how negative this world is... If I never shipped any of my items I'd bet my last dollar I'd get every feedback warranted.. Kind of twist.. I give good service no need to reply with feedback. Don't ship an item... All of a sudden laziness just becomes a word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back