Ebay Question...
Nov 30, 2005 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Homeless

Headphoneus Supremus
About 25 minutes ago I won a set of shure e3c's on ebay(yay!)...anyway, I got into contact with the seller and they told me the total due, which was fine, and said that her friend had given her some paypal codes for a discount on my purchase...
I was confused and asked her if this would take money out of her pocket and she said she wasnt sure, but that she had used one before and just thought I might like a little discount. The codes are labeled as christmas codes for paypal...but I feel weird, like I dont know if it's fishy or not...maybe I'm just being paranoid...anyway, anyone with more experience with ebay care to inform me on how exactly paypal gives me a discount without taking money out of the sellers pocket? should I use them? thanks...

Nov 30, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
About 25 minutes ago I won a set of shure e3c's on ebay(yay!)...anyway, I got into contact with the seller and they told me the total due, which was fine, and said that her friend had given her some paypal codes for a discount on my purchase...
I was confused and asked her if this would take money out of her pocket and she said she wasnt sure, but that she had used one before and just thought I might like a little discount. The codes are labeled as christmas codes for paypal...but I feel weird, like I dont know if it's fishy or not...maybe I'm just being paranoid...anyway, anyone with more experience with ebay care to inform me on how exactly paypal gives me a discount without taking money out of the sellers pocket? should I use them? thanks...

If you're talking about the :
C1-Holiday2005
C2-Holiday2005
C3-Holiday2005

coupon codes, they are fine - Paypal eats the % off. USE THEM! You can get up to $25 USD off!

Nov 30, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 10
Ok cool, yeah Im gonna use the 10% off one I guess, but I'm paying someone in Canadian funds, as they limited the sale to canada...will it take the money off in Canadian or American?
Thanks for the reply by the way...

Nov 30, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 10
I think it only works for US auction.. although it never hurts to try :).

Nov 30, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 10
Not sure if those coupon codes are still good today as they were suposed to expire yesterday, but here's a little more info on them:

C1-Holiday2005 (10% max$25 off on a single Ebay purchase)

C2-Holiday2005 ($5 off a $50 single Ebay purchase)

C3-Holiday2005 ($15 off a $100 single Ebay purchase)

Nov 30, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #9 of 10
Should be until the end of the day...You're not sure if it worked? when you checked out it should have showed you the savings you were getting in green just before the final total...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back