Ebay\paypal dispute help...
Jun 29, 2009 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

QQQ

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello head-fi!
Maybe somebody here have experience with similar issues..
So i bought something on ebay, paid for it, wait for around a week...Nothing happened. The seller's not responding my messages and i assume nothing was shipped to me. So i opened a dispute and "upgraded" it to a paypal claim later. Now it's a several days with "waiting for seller response" status of my claim... How long will it last? What if seller never responds?
Your opinions are welcome...

Jun 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 8
Give it awhile -Paypal takes its time IME...at least a couple of weeks, maybe longer. It's been awhile since my first & only dispute, but I recall it did take weeks rather than days...

Jun 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 8
It can take PayPal anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to complete a claim investigation and decide the outcome.

There is a deadline for the seller to supply PayPal with the information requested. IIRC the seller has a week to respond. If they do not respond by the deadline then PayPal will decide the case in your favor and take action.
If your eBay purchase is protected by the buyer protection policy then you will receive a refund if you win your claim.

I have done this twice with sellers and won on both occasions. One seller insisted that I had to pay $20 for him to take a return on an item that he misrepresented in his listing.
confused.gif
I reported him to eBay and filed a PayPal claim. I had my refund about three weeks later.

--Jerome

Jun 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #4 of 8
Patience...
I only did one claim, I was refunded %100, I think it was almost 4 weeks, but I did get it all back.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah paypal does its thing but their customer support and service lets do be desired...alot.
If you call to the head office you can push it abit but the automated service system is useles imho.

Jun 30, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #6 of 8
I had a dispute on eBay and I filed a complaint with PayPal. It took 8 weeks for me to recover all of my funds. I returned the item to the seller but he never accepted it back from USPS so it was returned to me. Now I have a cellphone that only needs a new battery for free.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #7 of 8
Patience for sure. Nothing happens within a couple days. Sometimes sellers have emergancies too, so hopefully that is all here and you'll either get your item orr money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back