ebay hates my Canon XTi
Jun 7, 2007 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Eldirial

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah.

Well, I relisted it with more protections after someone tried to scam me, and once again, someone has tried.

Does anyone have advice as to what I should do? Should I try selling the camera somewhere else? I am getting pretty frusterated with ebay, but where else can I sell an 800 dollar camera succesfully?

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldirial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have advice as to what I should do? Should I try selling the camera somewhere else? I am getting pretty frusterated with ebay, but where else can I sell an 800 dollar camera succesfully?

man....again? What is it with these Nigerian con artists!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

The first thing I'd do is really b*ch to e-bay to make sure you get all your money back (since it's obvious they're not doing anything to prevent these hucksters). Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm....but maybe not having a "buy now" will dissuade those bogus accounts.

Sorry to hear of this....I guess I lucked out with my camera: I only got scammed once and then the second listing went through. The second time, someone legitimately used the buy now feature and actually paypaled me with real money.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 22
How much are you looking to get? I know someone who's interested in a dslr right now. =T

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 22
Try Craigslist dude. I've had great luck with it and you deal locally. The XTi is a hot camera and I doubt you'd have much trouble ditching it. I never have and probably never will sell via eBay.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 22
Hi Eldirial,

I am highly interested in your Canon DSLR, unfortunately my friend's aunty's neighbour's daughter has been sick like for 8 months and currently in hospital. Since I am a diplomat's son and a good poster child, I need to help the poor girl for at least another week, but I need to take her picture in the hospital so she can be a bit happier.

Would you mind posting the camera to me first while I wire your money using Western Union? For your trouble I will add another 100 dollars to the final price, thank you.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much are you looking to get? I know someone who's interested in a dslr right now. =T

I was looking for 7-8 hundred, since I was selling with extras... lemme see if I can grab the ebay link. It should still exist.

But yeah, they rather enjoy this camera in Nigeria. I had no problem getting the final value fee and the listing fee back yesterday, so hopefully I get it back without problem today. Not sure if I want to list it again till I figure it all out, though.

blink.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Eldirial,

I am highly interested in your Canon DSLR, unfortunately my friend's aunty's neighbour's daughter has been sick like for 8 months and currently in hospital. Since I am a diplomat's son and a good poster child, I need to help the poor girl for at least another week, but I need to take her picture in the hospital so she can be a bit happier.

Would you mind posting the camera to me first while I wire your money using Western Union? For your trouble I will add another 100 dollars to the final price, thank you.

of COURSE! That sounds like a wonderful deal, since you obviously will carry through on your half of the deal.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/board/10

the only problem there is I have to pay to be on the Buy/sell board - but eh, whatever. I may look into it later - it's a good idea, thanks!

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #12 of 22
Oh, I haven't visited there in awhile. It is an excellent photography resource though, I have bought and sold many items there over the years. Lots of friendly people, and they make it known when they sniff out a rat! I first learned HDR technique from someone on those forums.

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #13 of 22
Nice! I shall take a look, but it will make me sad that I am selling my camera.

Jun 7, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldirial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only problem there is I have to pay to be on the Buy/sell board - but eh, whatever. I may look into it later - it's a good idea, thanks!

Oh, then check out POTN...doesn't cost anything to post a for sale there:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...splay.php?f=14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back