eBay Feedback
Sep 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

craiglester

Headphoneus Supremus
What is it with some sellers on eBay these days.

OK here's the scenario. I wanted a second monitor, as the temporary one i was using died on me. So I thought I'd get one that matches my primary monitor. It's a Samsung 216BW, nothing fancy, but i like it. So Samsun gon't make it anymore
frown.gif

Well I look around and find theres a few on eBay, so i find one in reasonable shape and use the buy it now to get it for a reasonable price . 2 Days later I get an email saying my money has been refunded, as he has sold the monitor to someone else.

Needless to say I'm not that happy about it.. So, I accept his offer to cancel the transaction.. well I didn't have much of an option did I?

Then I got the eBay request to leave feedback.. well I wasn't going to leave positive feedback was I? But I'm not petty enough to leave negative feed back, so I left carefully neutral feedback.. stating it was as advertised, but that the seller requested the transaction be cancelled. Fair Enough?

Aparrently not.. a couple of hours later the seller leaves s snippy note saying "was it that hard?"

I responded that yes it was hard for me to give positive feedback after he reneged on the deal. After all, if I'm obligied to buy it.. (it's a contract after all..) he should be obliged to sell it. He didn't, so I left neutral feedback.

Seller performance policy

Ugh.. now off to try and find another monitor.. bleh

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Future buyers will see his business practices and perhaps take a pass if he has anything up for auction in the future.

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 6
I would understand completely if I was the seller in that situation. Don't know why he's fussing about it. It still would've been reasonable if you left negative feedback, he should be happy you didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back