Ebay dispute advice
Oct 7, 2005 at 9:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CMacDaddy

100+ Head-Fier
I recently sold my iriver H320 on ebay.

The buyer claimed his credit card was maxed and he need another week to get it all cleared up. I waited a week and demanded payment by the end of the 2nd week or else I'd be reporting him as a non paying bidder and leaving negative feedback.

After sending this email, the buyer recieves a positive feedback for an auction in which he won another Iriver H320 for a little less. After seeing this, I filed a dispute with ebay.

Now he is claiming he sent me money via paypal in the dispute thread (which he didn't). He mentioned that I had to "claim" his payment, but I've already sent an invoice and cant find any proof of payment with paypal or ebay.

What should I do with this?

Just leave negative feedback? Is there any hope of getting my seller fees returned? (was like $12). Any advice to get him to pay?

Oct 7, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 2
I'm sorry you're being messed around. Contact Ebay's SafeHarbour customer support system and see how it goes with them. Ebay also has a seller / buyer forum, and the threads frequently do a really good job of spelling out what your rights are and what your realistic expectations ought to be.

Count yourself lucky that at the moment you're only out the seller fee. My guess is that, since Ebay is the supervisor/owner of the Paypal service, if you accuse this guy of withholding payment, Ebay will quickly verify that no Paypal payment has been received. I guess then they will refund your fee. If they do not then suspend this guy's account (which is likely), you can flame his feedback to your heart's content.

Just make sure you don't spend any more money on pursuing this guy -- it's not worth it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back