Ebay: CD3000
Mar 26, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 16
General question--can a portable (ipod) drive these are would someone have to haul an amp around too. I noticed they're 32 ohms, but I'm not sure how they would sound straight from a portable. I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to bid on them. I've heard these through a home system (and they sound great to my ears) but never a portable. Thanks.

Mar 27, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 16
Really overkill, but I thought the CD3Ks sounded surprisingly great straight from the iPod.

Mar 27, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #5 of 16
Look at the last picture.

One of the pads is "buldging" quite a bit at the bottom.
DSCN1473.JPG

Is that normal?

Also, the seller list "leather", but it's really "pleather" ear pads and headband covering.

Seller has 100% feedback. Nice.

-Ed

Mar 27, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
Looks like the guy has a Stax Omega case sitting next to the CD-3000's in one pic. Maybe this guy is a head-fi member?

I thought the Omega came in a wooden box and the Omega II comes in a crazy Faux Carbon Fiber box?

-Ed

Mar 27, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 16
and I guess he has a ATH-W2002 too? at least it looks like he has the case for that (in the picture Edwood posted).

Mar 27, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Look at the last picture.

One of the pads is "buldging" quite a bit at the bottom.
DSCN1473.JPG

Is that normal?

Also, the seller list "leather", but it's really "pleather" ear pads and headband covering.

Seller has 100% feedback. Nice.

-Ed

Probably he removed it, and mounted it later in a wrong way, it has to be positioned in the right way, or it will do that, as one side is wider than the other if you twist it, it will definitelly go that way....

Mar 27, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
I thought the Omega came in a wooden box and the Omega II comes in a crazy Faux Carbon Fiber box?

-Ed

I meant the Omega II. The Omega does come in a wooden box but the Omega II comes in the equivalent of a Pelican case. Looks just like the one in the picture.

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by taylor
He says he treats them very carefully, then why is the cord pinched in the box in that picture?

The latch of the box is open, the cord is not pinched, I had left mine many times like that and there is no problems so far the edge of the box are round and soft enough...

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by taylor
Well, trying to load the pics to make a closer observation of the latch, I think we killed that guys bandwidth.

You don't need to look it closer, every one that owns that box will notice imediatelly that the latch is open, the pivot is up, to close it you have to move that pivot down

Mar 27, 2004 at 3:01 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Probably he removed it, and mounted it later in a wrong way, it has to be positioned in the right way, or it will do that, as one side is wider than the other if you twist it, it will definitelly go that way....

i emailed the seller about that bulge in the earpad...he said it's just a bad angle - there's nothing wrong with it. great feedback, so i believe him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back