Ebay buyers check your invoices!!!
Jul 2, 2008 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Kerby1280

New Head-Fier
WoW what a past couple of weeks I've had on Ebay. I purchase a set of Sylvania Jan CHS 6AK5 tubes of Ebay on June 23rd in anticipation of my Little Dot MKIII (also purchase from Ebay directly from Little Dot). More on the Little Dot purchase in a minute. Item was shipped on the 25th with a confirmation number via USPS. I wait patiently for 5 days and nothing shows up...so I go on USPS's website to check on the status and too my amazement it shows it was delivered on the 30th- to my old address which I haven't live in for the past 5-6 years!!! It was the initial address I use to sign up on Ebay. I strictly remember deleting the old address and updating to my current address when I moved. I have been buying and receiving stuff from Ebay for the past 5-6 years at my recent address without any problems or incidents untill this. So I go back and check the PayPal invoice and it shows my old address under the ship to section and it was confirmed. I don't usually pay too much attention to the PayPal invoice. I just scan and look at the price to make sure I'm not getting charge anything extra and pay afterwards. So lesson learned- CHECK YOUR PAYPAL INVOICES FOR ANY MISTAKES BEFORE PAYING. I called up Ebay customer service and talk to a woman- Sue. I tell her my situation and right away she knew what I was talking about. She mentions and these are her exact quotes, " Oh, this has been happening lately." She then puts me on hold to look up my account. She then comes back on the phone and explains to me what happen. She explains that Ebay has been unlinking PayPal accounts that you associate with your Ebay account- glitch. So if you won an item on Ebay and pay with PayPal, all the information saved from PayPal was lost and what ever information Ebay had on file they would use that instead. I check my Ebay account information and low and behold- on file for my shipping address was my past residence. I updated it and ask Sue what can I do about my situation. She tries to help me find a couple of resolutions- like actually driving down to my old place and see if the homeowner would hand over the items. I tell her it's a 200 mile two way trip. I would spend more on gas than what I spent on those tubes. I ask her what can Ebay do for me since Ebay was the one that screwed things up. She then asks me did the seller ship it with a signature confirmation and I tell her no because the seller was trying to ship it as cheap as possible. Sue then puts me on hold for a good 10 minutes- I guess she was talking to her superior. She comes back on the phone and gives me another suggestions. Since the seller shipped without a signature confirmation I can technicall file a complaint for item not receive. I tell her that is unethical and I would never do that. The seller did nothing wrong and she agrees. So she suggest doing a reverse look up in the phone book and calling the residence and have them forward it to me. I tell her what if the residents claims to not have recieve the package. I ask her what has Ebay done in the past similiar situations. She puts me on hold again and comes back after a few minutes and tells me Ebay usually trys to stay away from situations like this. It seems like Ebay was trying not to claim fault but she clearly knew who was at fault. So I hang up the phone and now I'm comtemplating what to do. Any suggestions?

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Yes, break up that long-ass paragraph
wink.gif

Call back and see if a different person is more helpful. Good luck.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #4 of 5
Well onto my Little Dot purchase. I bought a LD MKIII of Ebay from Little Dot on June 14. David contacts me 3 days later and tells me it will take them 2-3 days for quality control testing and then an additional 4-10 days for shipping. Well I wait and wait. Then two days after the purchase a fellow Headfier has a LD MKIII for sale for $75 less than retail- if I had only waited a couple more days. I usually check the Headfi classifies for my needs before turning elsewhere because of the quick turn around and the lower than retail prices. But I had been waiting weeks and weeks and there were no MKIII's for sale that shipped to the US. So I took the plunge and went with Ebay. Two weeks past and I finally receive my package. Upon opening it I notice on the styrofoam insert written in black marker were LD MKIII 220V. Right away alarms sound...I ordered a 110V model NOT 220V. I email David right away and he quickly responds. He tells me to ship it to his address which is in Ohio. I repackage it and since I was going to the mall and there was a post office on the way I can drop it off. I ship it out USPS Priority since it was only a couple of cents more compare to parcel post. I get insurance and a signature confirmation on it and on it's way it went. Well I go to check up on it 2 days later and it shows the post office attempted to deliver the package but no one was home to accept it and they left a notice. I went back online today to check it and it's still saying the same. So now I am scared the package will be return to me unless David goes in and claims it and I will have to wait even longer for my replacement amp. WOW all the hassles just for an amp. I am now starting to loose my patience. I've email David again about the package being held at the post office. Hopefully he responds to my email.
WOW WOW WOW

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't have hung up.

I actually finish talking to her before I hung up. She said she couldn't be any help in my situation and if I needed anything else. I told her no and she said well then have a good day. So I hung up. Ebay wasn't going to take blame for it or offer me any refunds at least that was the impression I was getting from her. I just went back and check my most recent purchase (yesterday) and it had my old address as the ship to address. I just contacted the seller and told him the situation. Oh by the way it was for a quad set of NOS Mullard 8161 tubes. I've also email the first seller and explain to him the situation.

I would hate to be someone expecting some thousand dollar home audio system or tube amp and have it delivered some where else. That would suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back