ebay beware some stole my picture
Mar 20, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #16 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Sounds like you have experience.That happen to you?

Not with audio related stuff but I have had images "stolen" before which is pretty funny since I am no photographer which should be clear if you look at my photobucket gallery
icon10.gif

It was a sweet pic of me offroading my Jeep of which some guy claimed it was his rig... I had some fun with him
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #18 of 132
yea, all my pictures have a distinct style, so Its not really difficult to tell when I see my pic.

watermark? I believe watermarks are useless IMO. Anyone with digiital imagery experience can remove any water mark in any picture easily.

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #19 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
he did not ask my permission, and if you see in the thread he claims its his cable.
than stamps his name on it.

First you should add a note to your Photobucket album that all images are property of the owner unless specifically stated otherwise, or something like that.

Next just ask mcpig politely to provide the original image with EXIF data so that you can compare it to your original. Let him know that if he refuses that you will be pursuing copyright infringement with Ebay and asking for his user account to be disabled. Even I can tell you some things about your original picture based on the EXIF data, but his has been edited enough that the original data is lost. It'll paint him into a corner pretty quickly.

It's a pretty blatant rip off though. The shadows and cable intersection points give it away pretty much without a doubt.

Nate

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #22 of 132
It gets fun when they so lazy they just hotlink to your pictures. Then you ca do what ever you want. It is especially if it takes them awhile to notice.

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #25 of 132
That sucks, Myo. I hope you find a satisfactory resolution. It's good to see some of the guys here speaking up on your behalf on the fixup forum.

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #26 of 132
i just did that too. lookit the tile under the cable - it is identical! ridiculous!

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #27 of 132
reminds of the starburst commericial when the kid encounters the klepto and he one by one takes the kid's shirt, helmet, starburst, then bike...

what an idiot though. start a boycott.

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #29 of 132
F#ck being polite.

Notify him that he is infringing your copyrighted image.

Copyright is implied in every image you create. Regardless of whether you file or not. Now, proving it, and suing over it requires registering a copyright. But you can still make threats against the guy.

Make the same notification to eBay too.

Anyone else find the guy's filename for his modified image ironic? "adobe" is at the end of the filename.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #30 of 132
Notify eBay ASAP with links to your site and links to the fixup thread too - any little helps. Get that bugger off of the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back