Ebay Auction, Seller's mistake, will he honor it?
Dec 29, 2004 at 3:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
I just saw this auction

Nokia 7610 unlocked for $1.00

Damn, I just missed it couple second
eek.gif
The seller looks legit to me but I think he puts the wrong price for the buy it now. Anyone want to bet whether he will honor it or not? New one of this phone usually cost at least $400.00 in ebay.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #5 of 9
If the seller actually has the phone like his Ebay ad say he does, then I seriously doubt he will go thru with it. He will probably say that it was an oversight on his part for the pricing mistake he didn't catch till after the auction has ended. As it stands right now per Ebay rules the sale is legit and the seller is binded by the rules to make good on selling the actual phone for $1 as described in his ad.

Dec 29, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 9
And you'd sort of have to be a dick to insist he sell it at that price. Hopefully there is some smidgeon of humanity in the buyer.

Dec 29, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
And you'd sort of have to be a dick to insist he sell it at that price. Hopefully there is some smidgeon of humanity in the buyer.

seconded.

Dec 29, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 9
I once won a camera lense from a large company in Canada who sells on ebay all the time. The lense was $1000 Can Dollars Buy It Now. I did but the company said it should have been listed in US dollars and backed out. I didn't push it and allowed the seller to walk away. I was a little peeved at the time, though, as the company didn't even thank me for being understanding. Oh well. I would hope this buyer shows a little compassion, too. We all make mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back