Ebay-auction: I'm bloody nervous :-)
Mar 26, 2008 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Contrastique

Headphoneus Supremus
Gawd, I'm bidding on an item (well, 2 actually) for the first time on Ebay (it's about a camera & lens) and within an hour it's ending. I'm so nervous whether I'll make it or not....
Any handy tips maybe on a more possible winning outcome?
Ahhhh, just can't wait. That last hour is killing me so I had to write something to keep me busy lol!

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 53
The F5 key.

If you have already bid your max it really doesn't matter, but if you want to "snipe" the last bidder, keep the page refreshing.

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 53
Yes, bidding and following an eBay auction sure can be nerve-wracking.
Only possible way to be certain to win an auction is to bid higher than everyone else.

I usually start by setting a maximum limit of what I am willing to pay, then place a fair bid and hope for the best. The "Reload" button are your friend when it close in..

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The F5 key.

If you have already bid your max it really doesn't matter, but if you want to "snipe" the last bidder, keep the page refreshing.

I haven't yet posted my highest offer as I'm waiting for the final minutes so others don't have much time to outplace my bid or figure out how high they need to go before beating it.
Nervewrackin' indeed
biggrin.gif
my stomach feels odd haha!
Edit: aarrgg 23 minutes left.......the camera is sooooo cool and digital will go out of the window haha! (well sort of...)

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 53
You should have used esnipe.com, put in the highest price you want to pay for that item, voila, it's either you get your item or that item goes for the price you won't want to pay.

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 53
Hmm, never heard of that. Maybe next time then...I'm a first time ebayer so.

ahhh 11 minutes to go....

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bid MAX amount in final 10 seconds.

That's really on the edge haha! I think I will post like 1 minute before ending and if I get topped I'm willing to stretch the budget as I'm so eager on winning it now haha!

Mar 26, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, never heard of that. Maybe next time then...I'm a first time ebayer so.

ahhh 11 minutes to go....

I know the feeling, seriously try esnipe next time, it will save you time (for waiting the auction to end) and aggravation (in case you forgot to wait for the item, happens to me couple of times, found an auction but forgot to attend to it when it's going to end)

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

That's really on the edge haha! I think I will post like 1 minute before ending and if I get topped I'm willing to stretch the budget as I'm so eager on winning it now haha!

Sounds like a good plan of attack. Let us know how you do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 53
**********************************************ED!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't make it **************************************
Ow jeez what an excitment for a normal weekday lol!
I told my bf to enter 710 dollars and he did 703. The final winning bid was 700 and didn't take the 703 although it was on time...
Ow well, started bidding on a different one already. Another 4 days of agony shoiting lol! And this was what all the fuss was all about:

hasselblad500bissg2.jpg

And:
150mmgs1.jpg

Oh I feel so sad now lol haha

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Another 4 days of agony shoiting lol! And this was what all the fuss was all about:

Doh, what a hassle.... [size=xx-small]blad[/size]
tongue.gif

Very cool looking camera, good luck on the next one. At least now you have a frame of reference for what they are selling for on ebay at the moment.

Mar 26, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 53
I'm so sorry that you didn't win! I've lost a few auctions in the dying seconds because some sniper outbid me by a dollar or two. It's frustrating. But you win some and lose some, and you usually end up saving lots on ebay. Best of luck with the next auction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back