eBay auction -- 3 million records!
Mar 28, 2008 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Chu

1000+ Head-Fier
Just looking over this auction blows my mind. If I was a billionaire I would certainly give this collection a good home, $3m starting bid just seems cheap for what's contained within.

The World's Greatest Music Collection - eBay (item 320230084120 end time Mar-29-08 18:00:00 PDT)

I wonder where in Philadelphia this is, I would love to sample some of this before it gets sold off
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 15
Well, you get $25 back with eBay Mastercard and you get Paypal protection. After that I only need 2.99 million for the starting bid.

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #4 of 15
Maybe it'll interest a collection oriented person, personally getting all that music but not being able to finish listening to it within my lifetime is a waste. Besides, the vast majority wouldn't even be the genre enjoyed by anyone that's going to buy it anyways.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
torrent is MY friend...
evil_smiley.gif

You have a hard drive array that can store 3,000,000 losslessly encoded albums? Awesome.

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 15
If my math is not wrong this is the third time I heard about this in headfi, please:

[size=x-large]SEARCH!!!!!![/size]

Mar 28, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 15
So has this just not sold and keeps getting put up?

Times are rough man, I'm buying more used CD's than ever.

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If my math is not wrong this is the third time I heard about this in headfi, please:

Ahh, the search police are out today.

If you knew what this thread was about and were tired of reading about the topic from the other two threads why did you even click on this one?

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's totally different from the other threads - this time a bottle of chill pills is included in the auction along with the records.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #13 of 15
How many threads do we need about this auction?
I have seen three of them so far, and there might be even more...

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, the search police are out today.

If you knew what this thread was about and were tired of reading about the topic from the other two threads why did you even click on this one?

I just want to be nasty wit hthe OP, sorry, sometimes I feel that urge....
wink.gif

Nah seriously I was thinking that maybe was another different one, but no luck, the same one over and over....
confused.gif

Anyway clikcing on it or not, is a real waste of space in the precious headfi servers to post about the same time after time, while we could use that space for more precious useful info instead....

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #15 of 15
3 million LPs is not a "collection." This is a horde of old inventory from a guy who used to own a record store. What's the point? You'd only have to live a few hundred years to listen to 'em all (at 24/7)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back