Ebaumsworld Forums... (Proof that the gene pool has gone to hell)
Jul 26, 2004 at 5:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

gastro54

100+ Head-Fier
Wow, I went to check out what the ebaumsworld forums were like after reading a comment about them in abother thread... All I have to say is that place is the largest concentration of screwed up, prepubescent kids that you will find. Some of the people there are simply unbelievable.

Example: someone posted a video of a mouse attempting to escape a fishtank full of piranhas (what kind of sick freak would do that and film it!?). I watched about 30seconds of it and nearly gagged, it was disgusting. What's even worse is that some of the replies to the thread ran along the lines of: "Huh huh huh, thats badass dude, I almost felt sorry for that mouse"

Jul 26, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 16
That site is pretty stupid overall. I have a pretty broad sense of humor but that site is just tasteless and not humorous. It seems nearly everything there deals with either sex, death, or mutilation and somebody obviously thinks its funny since that place is flourishing
rolleyes.gif

Jul 26, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #7 of 16
Be glad you didn't see the Eastern block kids pouring gasoline on the cat in a cage and setting it on fire...

Jul 26, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #8 of 16
In my humble opinion, human youths have always been messed up. It's just that historically there were no venues for the free expression of this mess. Now we have the internet, we have a forum for the human youths to express their darkest thoughts and desires.

It's normal.

Jul 26, 2004 at 7:33 AM Post #9 of 16
No, it isn't. All human youths are messed up? As opposed to non-human youths? Very few people find mutilation and animal abuse amusing. But, that's just my opinion and I'm sure in your vast experience with 'human youths' you've come across overwhelming evidence to support your claim.

Jul 26, 2004 at 8:57 AM Post #10 of 16
have you ever owned piranhas?

those things are awesome..... and if you think it's the lowest common denominator you are wrong.... a friend of mine used to have a huge tank of piranhas and his voice mail was always full of people asking him when he was going to feed the piranhas again

not just any people.... college kids.... business people.... old people,... little kids..... every type of person you can imagine was interested in watching them feed

heck, back in the day my drivers ed teacher also owned them and he told us about them and everybody in the class thought it was the coolest thing ever..... i dont remember one person who was not enthralled

they ended up putting together a "running fish" competition.... like the movie "the running man"

get a dozen unique looking gold fish and take bets on which one lives the longest.......

piranhas strongly prefer live food..... so you have to give them something living whether it is a mouse or fish or whatever

Jul 26, 2004 at 11:33 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
have you ever owned piranhas?

those things are awesome..... and if you think it's the lowest common denominator you are wrong.... a friend of mine used to have a huge tank of piranhas and his voice mail was always full of people asking him when he was going to feed the piranhas again...

Perhaps it just just me, but I don't understand how anyone gets their jollies off by watching a helpless animal get torn to shreds whlie the fishtank gets clouded with blood.

Jul 26, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #12 of 16
My advisor for the past two years has been an AP Biology teacher. As a result I get to see piranhas, snakes, a bass, turtles, arachnids, hissing cockroaches, newts and fresh water mud puppies (long serpant-like amphibians). A lot of these animals eat by killing other animals, and most people lose their fascination with the feeding fairly quickly. Piranhas are moronic. They go after movement, so if a fish is fast enough to get behind them the piranhas continue going forward then forget about the fish. The chase can go on for hours with the piranha being too stupid to catch the fish. When it does, unless it's the same size or larger than the piranha it just swallows the fish whole. Big woop.

Jul 27, 2004 at 1:10 AM Post #13 of 16
eBaum's World isn't all bad. A bit like Albino Black Sheep, I thought. Some of the prank calls are hilarious. Also remember it's run by a teenager (last I checked, anyway...), so the humour isn't going to go over quite as well with, um, older generations.

I think having a tankful of Piranhas would be just cool
biggrin.gif

And as for watching animals hunt each other, I think it's cool to watch intelligent animals hunt, like cats. They'll spend hours just waiting, and then pounce. Or sneak up on something.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Jul 27, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
eBaum's World isn't all bad. A bit like Albino Black Sheep, I thought. Some of the prank calls are hilarious. Also remember it's run by a teenager (last I checked, anyway...), so the humour isn't going to go over quite as well with, um, older generations.

I am the same generation as you, FYI.

Jul 27, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #15 of 16
Really? My apologies. I realize graphic/crude/whatever humour isn't universally accepted by all people. It's just that usually it's the parents complaining about "those stupid kids". Stereotyping is bad, I know.

You know, I'll just shut up now. I've contributed nothing
biggrin.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back