Easy way to get FLAC on iPhone / Android / WebBrowser
Dec 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Oddworld

100+ Head-Fier
Peers,

I've found an easy way to listen to FLAC on your iPhone / Android / WebBrowser!
I am not affiliated with anyone, I'm just a user who looked everywhere to get FLAC on my iPhone
Source: http://lifehacker.com/5616663/audiogalaxy-makes-streaming-music-from-your-pc-dead-simple

You allow AudioGalaxy (used to be a P2P site in 2002, now its a 100% legal music streaming site for music that you already own) to gather information about your library, then just start streaming
Theres an app in the iOS store and the android store.

Without saying more, I recommend you read the lifehacker article above.

With the software installed, you're instantly ready to stream tracks through the Audiogalaxy player online, or through your phone. Create playlists, shuffle your entire collection, pick out particular albums or artists, and, if you'd like, have those playlists sync back through your iTunes library. It took me literally five minutes to get Audiogalaxy up and running from my main PC laptop to an Android phone, a MacBook, and even a Chrome Incognito browser, just for the heck of it.

Its super easy

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #2 of 15
The whole reason for this sub-forum was for portable sources, now I don't know, but having to stream from a stationary desktop computer does not make this very portable. I'd still want to try FLAC player.

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #3 of 15
I think I need to retract my post. After using the program for a few more days, I found it to be really buggy.
I ended up switching to Subsonic, which is also streaming FLAC to my iphone.
Subsonic seems to be much better

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #11 of 15
I noticed wireless syncing, streaming downgrade the overall soundquality.

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #13 of 15
Audiogalazy crashed for me every few minutes. It was terrible. Windows 7 64 bit. Quad core, 8 gigs ram.
Subsonic is excellent. Offers FLAC with MP3 conversion OR straight FLAC.
Been loving subsonic for three weeks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back