Easy to replace iPod battery?
May 27, 2006 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Squibbles

100+ Head-Fier
I have a 3G iPod whose battery is dying. Is it easy to replace the battery. For example, if I buy a battery like this, would it be easy to install with the included tools? Are these OEM batteries good?

Thanks.

May 27, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squibbles
I have a 3G iPod whose battery is dying. Is it easy to replace the battery. For example, if I buy a battery like this, would it be easy to install with the included tools? Are these OEM batteries good?

Thanks.

Well, it's better than having a dead ipod battery. Check cnet or google for online tutorials. With some flathead screwdrivers and some patience it's not too hard.

May 27, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 6
You don't have to use the replacement tools, but DO NOT use anything metal. A little slip and you will either take a chunk out of your board or you will short the whole thing altogether. My technique was to use the provided tool to open one side a little bit, then stick the corner of a credit card in and work my way around the outside. But do not use metal.

May 27, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 6
It's easier than you think. The back is held on by the exotic technic called friction. I've done it. See here.

May 27, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Replacing the battery is easy. Removing the back just takes patience and some fingernails. I did it with my 3g and I'm a klutz.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back