Easy-to-power, comfy, <=$150
Dec 17, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #16 of 21
I did look at the M50's, but ruled them out against the 1001's for a couple of reasons that may seem a bit trivial, but here they are. First, they have a coiled cable, which I think would be obnoxious. Second, they don't seem like they would be as easy to power based on sensitivity ratings and impedance ratings. Obviously I can't really judge without hearing them, but these are a couple things that give me pause.

In regards to the Denon AH-D2000 .. would something like the fiio e5 provide power enough for the bass to be presented well?

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 21
I've done some more reading on the M50, and they're still in the running. Especially since they can be had from an authorized dealer for much less than the Denons. I'll look around for comparison talk, but does anybody have anything to mention about how these two phones compare? The M50 look bulkier, are they cumbersome to wear for hours at a time? I know the Denons are incredibly comfy. Isolation from outside noises is not a concern of mine. I do, however, care about my noise leaking outside. How do the 2 compare in bass? I've heard great things about both in this department. What about mids? I may like my mids a bit forward, but not necessarily need it. Definitely cannot be recessed. Highs must not be fatiguing, or shrill.

I am still concerned about use with an iPhone with the m50. Any experiences there?

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #19 of 21
Dec 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinneresque /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiser HD595. Most comfortable ever, very nice soundstage, easy to power.... but they do leak. No Grado I have ever tried is comfortable, and I love my Hf-1's and HF-2s. You might like these:

Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics

They are comfortable and don't leak, and are true to their source.

The V6 are the exact same except without a gold-plated plug and a red sticker instead of a blue one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #21 of 21
I might just be a novice but I do love my Sony MDR-XB700 over my Beats (I know big woop). Easy to power, very comfy, can be found for $70-$80, and some would disagree but I like the look of them and have a quality built to them. Just to warn you they do get warm and some don't like the the length of the flat cord. However I find the flat cord to reduce tangled wires and feels durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back