Easy Tips mod for UE 10pro/vi
Feb 2, 2009 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ztsen

100+ Head-Fier
I have been using super.fi 5pro for a year. I always no problem to fit the 5pro with medium tips. I read from forum before there are people who mod the tips using foam tips and silicone tips.

Not sure if anyone have did this but based on the idea I did the same but in a very simple way in order to make a good tips to create a a full body sound, forward mid and bass for triple.fi 10pro/vi. Every 10pro/vi users knew a bad seal will not make this baby shines.

You may said comply tips will solve the fitting issue but What is the problem of the comply tips that I found out?

Observe closely the front of the tips of both UE and comply, you will realize that comply have a longer head, which is the driver is further away. Result of this, recess high. But not necessary a bad but for people who prefer for lesser high will like it. I like detail, I want to squeeze every bit out of 10pro/vi.

Since UE medium tips fit right to my ear then what is the issue? Silicone tips always have an empty space in between and doesn't always seal correctly.

Please take note, this mod only applies to people who use the medium UE tips only.

Preparation:
1) UE medium tips
2) Comply tips
3) hair pin

Steps:
1) You need to sacrifice a comply tips, remove the center rubber tube by slowly push the foam from the back of the tips away from the center tube. Remember don't spoilt the foam, must retain the whole shape.

2) Push the foam into the UE medium tip using hair pin from the center or whatever way you prefer but don't spoilt the foam.

Here is the end product:

(I tested also with UE old foam but comply foam have best result)

Hope this will help those who appreciate UE triple.fi 10pro/vi.
wink.gif

Test equipment:
UE Triple.fi 10vi
Mustang
iphone
Crossroads copper cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back