Eastsound E5 countries with distributors
Jan 25, 2006 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

drarthurwells

Headphoneus Supremus
I know New Zealand and Australia are moving to have E5s sold there by distributors.
This means no more ordering from China and an increase in price.

Warranty service is a moot point - the user can easily replace a defective transport, or even a power supply board or mainboard, or I will do this for free, with warranty part replacement from China.

Currently you can't order an E5 from Cattylink-China if you live in: Hong Kong, China, Denmark, and England, as I understand it. You have to buy within those countries.

Any others? Is it too late to order form Australia or New Zealand, or other countries?

Jan 26, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't know if this is necissarily a bad thing in the long run. Warranty service might be a moot point to you, but a lot of people would prefer it that way. Also, having a company within the country handling things makes it possible to start seeing Eastsounds in hi-fi shops... which is sort of exciting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #3 of 5
I bought my Eastsound from the Swedish distrubutor, Akkelis Audio (very nice guy btw).

That means I got to try it out at home for 2 week before I had to decide if I wanted to keep it or not. Also, for waranty issues I only have to send it within sweden instead of china. Sure the price was a little higher, 1000usd, but if you factor in that I could possibly have to pay duty (+25%) when importing it's actually not that bad and still a huge bargain.

Jan 26, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by l_simon_l
I bought my Eastsound from the Swedish distrubutor, Akkelis Audio (very nice guy btw).

That means I got to try it out at home for 2 week before I had to decide if I wanted to keep it or not. Also, for waranty issues I only have to send it within sweden instead of china. Sure the price was a little higher, 1000usd, but if you factor in that I could possibly have to pay duty (+25%) when importing it's actually not that bad and still a huge bargain.

Yes, but I think Akkelis has lower prices than most of the other local representatives (I think I saw the one in Italy... I could be wrong though).

As for warranty service, while I'm still undecided between this one and a few other possibilities, no way I would buy it from anywhere else but Akkelis.

/JF

Jan 27, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #5 of 5
I am based in the U.K (Scotland) and have just received my E5 direct from Cattylink. I don't think there is a U.K. distributor for Eastsound, yet. On the cattylink site it says "coming soon".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back