Eastsound CD-E5 Signature Edition - Pictures now, Impressions soon [56k death]
May 15, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #77 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
The Eastsound Signature is great... any impressions would not carry much weight as I don't have the European any more.
frown.gif

The Eastsound E5 Signature has the same sound as the E5 with just a little more refinement - mainly in slightly better 3-D imaging where sharply defined tones are focused in space. This is a small difference - the E5 is quite good at 3-D imaging itself.

The Rega Apollo is smoother, and has a more pleasing timbre, than the E5, but has softer (more blurred) tone images than the E5, and not quite as much bass as the E5.

May 16, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #78 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by drarthurwells
The Eastsound E5 Signature has the same sound as the E5 with just a little more refinement - mainly in slightly better 3-D imaging where sharply defined tones are focused in space. This is a small difference - the E5 is quite good at 3-D imaging itself.

The Rega Apollo is smoother, and has a more pleasing timbre, than the E5, but has softer (more blurred) tone images than the E5, and not quite as much bass as the E5.

Any reason why you used the E5 with your headphone setup and the apollo with your speaker setup? I assume this from you sig.

May 19, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #79 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticaldodo
Any reason why you used the E5 with your headphone setup and the apollo with your speaker setup? I assume this from you sig.

More bass and sharper tone edge imaging with the E5. The tone body of the Rega is nicer and tone body nuances are nicely revealed.

It almost gets to be tailoring the source, amp, tubes, and headphones to a particular CD.

Like CD 1 sounds best with source 2, amp 1, tube set 4, and headphone 2 while CD 2 sounds best with source 1, amp 2, tube set 2, and headphone 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back