Eastern Iowa - Interest check for a meet in 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

crazychile

1000+ Head-Fier
I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a meet located in Eastern IA, probably sometime in the Spring of 2016 on a Saturday or Sunday. This would likely be a mini-meet in the Cedar Rapids area.

Anyone from IA,MN,WI IL, MO is encouraged to post below. Cedar Rapids is around 4 hrs drive from Minneapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Chicago, so for anyone within that cowpie um....trapezoid, then this may be a better option for you than a big city meet.

Just trying to get a list of potential attendees for now. We can work out dates later.

Manufacturers are welcome too, because you know, I can dream.

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 27
Excellent idea!

I am "in" if we can get something put together.

Crazychile, great idea to not only invite all interested attendees, but manufacturers as well. Hey, you never know...
biggrin.gif

Please note, that not being from "the area" would not stop us from welcoming you to the meet. Some people have the means to travel to meets, and I am sure everyone would be down with "the more the merrier"!
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 27
Crazychile, I am from Iowa City. Just checked this and I am pumped up and jumping on my seat to see someone from Cedar Rapids post this meet idea. 
Sign me up. Only thing, I am going to India in June (I know its not truly Spring, but saying it).

Best,
Sai

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 27
Great to hear from you, Sai! The meet date is just a suggestion. First I need to hear from at least a few more people to make this interesting. Then we can figure out a date that works. There's got to be more than 3 of us around, especially Iowa City being a college town that draws people from all over the world. Tell your friends and have them become Head-fiers if they arent already.

To anyone reading this, it isn't limited to Iowa only. Cedar Rapids / Iowa City is within 3 hrs drive from Southern MN, Madison WI, Rockford IL, NOrtheast MO, etc.

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #7 of 27
  As long as I can get a couple months notice I'm in.

Yes absolutely. The first stage is to have at least 10-20 show some interest and then work on a date.  Something in the Sept-Oct time frame is probably more realistic than in the Spring to get a decent rate on a hotel banquet or meeting room.  I'd need to have it locked down a couple of months in advance, so I'll give you guys plenty of notice.

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 27
I live in Ames! As long as I can get advanced notice as well I would love to attend. I've never been able to make it to a proper meet because I'm busy with college and never have the time to drive to the Chicago area meets or anything like that, but I could definitely make it to Cedar Rapids in a weekend! I could probably load up my car with a couple of my good friends as well to introduce them to the hobby. I hope people start to show more interest in this!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 27
I'm starting to notice that as long as we can keep this thread on the first page, the interested list grows by at least one per week. If we keep it up, this could actually become reality.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 27
Woot! Let's make this happen!

InsanityOne, I am not too far from you in Humboldt, IA.
cool.gif

I actually drive by Ames (on I-35) twice every other weekend, to go pick up my son and drop him back off.

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 27
  Woot! Let's make this happen!

InsanityOne, I am not too far from you in Humboldt, IA.
cool.gif

I actually drive by Ames (on I-35) twice every other weekend, to go pick up my son and drop him back off.

Humboldt? Nice! I actually drive I-35 (between Ames and Des Moines) quite a bit. I've lived in Iowa for quite a while now so I mostly know where everything is at. Or maybe that is just an Iowa thing?

- InsanityOne 
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #12 of 27
I'm in, I just need notice. I work every third weekend and my schedule is otherwise all over the place (night shift RN).

I can bring HD650s (no one's heard those, right?), HE-500, DT1530, a Schiit BiMBy, and a Project Polaris.

Jan 17, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #13 of 27
I'm in, I just need notice. I work every third weekend and my schedule is otherwise all over the place (night shift RN).

I can bring HD650s (no one's heard those, right?), HE-500, DT1530, a Schiit BiMBy, and a Project Polaris.

I 've also got a Bimby. Hoping to have a Yggdrasil some time this Spring. Your other stuff I haven't heard but would love to.

So thats the other issue. somewhere down the line we'll need to figure out if we've got enough variety of gear. I think Schiit would be well represented but would like to see some other dacs and amps in the mix. Personally I'd love to see some Stax gear, but I know thats probably going to be a tough one.

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #14 of 27
I 've also got a Bimby. Hoping to have a Yggdrasil some time this Spring. Your other stuff I haven't heard but would love to.

So thats the other issue. somewhere down the line we'll need to figure out if we've got enough variety of gear. I think Schiit would be well represented but would like to see some other dacs and amps in the mix. Personally I'd love to see some Stax gear, but I know thats probably going to be a tough one.

My Polaris is a single ended Garage 1217 solid state amplifier. It has a ton of jumper settings to accommodate many different types of headphones.

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 27
Bumping because a meet in Iowa definitely needs to happen someday! 

- InsanityOne 
L3000.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back