Eastern Electric Minimax SE preamplifer
Oct 22, 2005 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
Hey all,

I just wanted to spread the word to the 2 channel guys about an awesome product I've been using for about a month now.

After reading numerous glowing reviews on other forums about the Eastern Electrix Minimax preamp, and feeling my system was still wanting for emotion, I gave Bill O'Connel at Morningstar audio a call to arrange an in home audition of the minimax.

Bill turned out to be a really awesome guy, and after chatting it up for about a half an hour I ended up taking an upgraded version of the preamp everyone is gushing about, risk free for 30 days for only about a grand shipped.

Prior to the minimax I'd been using a $2500 Sonic Frontiers Line 1 tubed preamplifer with about $300 in NOS tubes in it and it was a passable solution in my rig. Very neutral, decent extension/detail, extreemly versatile and a wonderful remote--but I'd always gotten the feeling that it was the piece holding back my rig some how.

In short, the Minimax is exactly what my rig wanted and I'm thrilled with move. At less then half the cost of my previous preamp and with stock Chineese driver tubes this preamp has breathed a new life into my rig. Soundstage depth has increased dramatically leading to a significantly more holographic listening experience, tonaly things are ever so slightly warmer which has made for a very believable/organic reproduction of sound with my dynavector cart/phonostage and Berendsen CD player. My already very dynamic 2 channel stereo is even more explosive on the macro end which has led to a more fun listen and more articulate on the microdynamic end which has led to a more emotionally communicative/delicate listen.

In short this minimalist, point to point wired, little preamp is one of the audio purchases I am most pleased with (right up there with my VPI Scout and Berendsen). I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone in the market for a preamp as one to audition, even to those willing to spend considerably more. In my opinion this truly is a giant killer product and far more deserving of the rave reviews then most of the stuff people on online forums gush about.

CHECK IT OUT!

Oct 23, 2005 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Sorry, I double posted--didn't think the first went through (ISP problems) Mod delete please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back