East Anglia Mini-meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2015 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

crashtest33

Member of the Trade (Cable maker)
Hi guys & gals.

After the success of the Cambridge meet at the beginning of the year and the massive hit that was CanJam London, I thought it best to get another get together sorted this spring.
I believe some of you at the Cambridge meet are very local to me and it'd be great to meet you all and listen to some great audio gear.

How does everyone feel about bank holiday Sunday 29th May. 10am-4pm?
This venue is available to us in Royston. A quaint oldé english Inn with a meeting room suitable for 70 people with UK 3-pin power points around the entire room. Buffet lunch is available to us with soft and alcoholic drinks at the bar.
Disabled access is also provided.

http://www.oldbullinn-royston.co.uk

Royston is south of Cambridge on the A10. 20mins by car.
Royston train station is on the King's Cross-Cambridge trainline. 41mins(fast train) from KC and 20mins from Cambridge.

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 43
The room is pencilled in for us.
£120.00 for the day + £6.95p/h for food platters.

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 43
I'm not local, but I'd be interested if I can arrange the travel, and I'd bet the CamJam SoCam organiser, @smial1966 might have something to say. I could see @Turrican2 and some other general London vicinity people having interest in a Cambridge area meet. It takes a bit of time to get over from Southampton, so I'd probably need to overnight.

Best of luck organising! There may be some more stuff going on in your neighbourhood soon even if you don't get this going. 
gs1000.gif

Jan 16, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #5 of 43
What's the usual way to handle room rental and food money for small meets?

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #8 of 43
EDIT: List of interested people

@Crashtest33 (Me)
@Buffering
@rearwing
@duncan
@Turrican2 (Great Amiga game btw!)
@Progenitor
@glassmonkey
@smial1966
@pedalhead
@dill3000
@Ithilstone
@Scribemole
@ejong7

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #9 of 43
I'll edit this list as we go.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #12 of 43
How does everyone feel about bank holiday Sunday 29th May. 10am-4pm?
This venue is available to us in Royston. A quaint oldé english Inn with a meeting room suitable for 70 people with UK 3-pin power points around the entire room. Buffet lunch is available to us with soft and alcoholic drinks at the bar.

http://www.oldbullinn-royston.co.uk

Royston is south of Cambridge on the A10. 20mins by car.
Royston train station is on the King's Cross-Cambridge trainline. 41mins(fast train) from KC and 20mins from Cambridge.

Looks good. It even says that it has disabled access. Good deal.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #13 of 43
Are we trying to organise this into a small meet or a full-on meet? We'll need to consider capacity for a full-on meet, and potential sponsors.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #15 of 43
Just a little meet really. The venue I've suggested is not very expensive for the day and mate runs the Bishops Stortford branch of Sevenoaks V&S, so they may get involved.
I haven't been to a meet before so I don't know how big they can get but 70 is our absolute max capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back