Easiest Ripper...
May 29, 2005 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DJ Mauler

500+ Head-Fier
hey guys prolly asked alot but looking for the easiest one that i just set the kbps which is most likely gonna be192 but, i dunno i recently saw that my window media player can rip into the mp3 format dunno if its fake mp3 or if its the same qual that i would get using lame...

May 29, 2005 at 8:13 AM Post #3 of 8
First off, "DJ Mauler," try using periods and capitalization every now and then. If you're not going to make your message easy to read, people are less likely to help you.
Now that we've got that over with, WMP uses the FhG MP3 codec which is considered somewhat worse than LAME.
For a simple solution, use Razorlame and pick up this LAME compile. I bet you can figure the rest out from the documentation on the Razorlame site.

May 29, 2005 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 8
Okay i got that mp3 guide and am using eac/lame and it seems to be working.

but theres one problem, if you guys can help that would be great.

when i chose a directory all the tracks off a certain cd just go into the folder.

like this track 1-15-----> albums

instead of going in like this albums----->random artist------>random album---> tracks 1-15

kinda hard to explain. um basically is there a way for EAC to make a artist/album folder that all the tracks from said album go into?

May 29, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 8
Yes there is DJ.

EAC -> EAC Options -> Filename

Under "Naming Scheme" you can put how you want your folders and files (mp3's) to be named and sorted. There is a key there you can use to sort however you like.

For example, if I wanted EAC to do "Artist - Album Name" (as the name of my folder) -> "Track Number - Track Title" (mp3 file names)

I would enter:

"%A - %C\%N - %T"

The backslash represents separation into folder.

If I may, can I suggest using the guide located here:

Chris Myden's Best MP3 Guide

It will get you up and running with the best settings in EAC, the recommended version of LAME (which isn't the latest one), and good bitrate settings (--alt-preset standard, better than 192k and at similar filesizes).

May 29, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Mauler
going in like this albums----->random artist------>random album---> tracks 1-15

kinda hard to explain. um basically is there a way for EAC to make a artist/album folder that all the tracks from said album go into?

Why hard to explain? It's what iTunes does standard.
confused.gif

May 29, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Yes there is DJ.

EAC -> EAC Options -> Filename

Under "Naming Scheme" you can put how you want your folders and files (mp3's) to be named and sorted. There is a key there you can use to sort however you like.

For example, if I wanted EAC to do "Artist - Album Name" (as the name of my folder) -> "Track Number - Track Title" (mp3 file names)

I would enter:

"%A - %C\%N - %T"

The backslash represents separation into folder.

If I may, can I suggest using the guide located here:

Chris Myden's Best MP3 Guide

It will get you up and running with the best settings in EAC, the recommended version of LAME (which isn't the latest one), and good bitrate settings (--alt-preset standard, better than 192k and at similar filesizes).

thanks alot just typed what you did and so far it seems to be just like i wanted it to be. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back