earwax and v-moda/sennheiser earbuds
Oct 24, 2007 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sweetben

100+ Head-Fier
i've done a search but i can't find a deffinitive answer....

what is the best way to clean earwax off the metal screen on sennheiser or v-moda earbuds?

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #2 of 5
yes yes please someone post a response to this. i've been off and on searching for a couple days for this very thing. thought i hit jackpot, until i saw that no one had responded yet
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 5
Some people have said to use a toothbrush, I generally just scrape it off, with the nozzle facing down of course. You definitely don't want it to fall back into the driver. I haven't tried the toothbrush method though, so I don't know how well it works.

Oct 26, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetben /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've done a search but i can't find a deffinitive answer....

what is the best way to clean earwax off the metal screen on sennheiser or v-moda earbuds?

You could always email Sennheiser and V-Moda. I'm sure they would be more than happy to send you something. It's always best to get advice/cleaning tips directly from the manufacturer.

Just a thought.

Nylan

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 5
There isn't really a best way.

My CX300 is held together with a very thin RTV silicone adhesive. I can gently pry off the metal ring and separate the nozzle from the 'cup', and then soak the nozzle in a 5% solution of hydrogen peroxide (available at any pharmacy for extremely cheap).

the peroxide completely dissolves earwax and skin oils and will not damage the plastic or the screen (unless you leave it soaking for, say, two months).

But it turns out that many CX300's are held together with cyanoacrylates, or are ultrasonically welded, or something, and cannot be disassembled.

Someone once suggested using a toothpick or similar tool to push the screen down on one edge, allowing you to pull it out and clean it. Dunno what reinstalling it entails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back