Eartips keep pulling off
Jan 23, 2007 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Firam

500+ Head-Fier
I have had a vary bad track record with my E4c's. Two out of the last three times I have worn them one of my comply tips has stayed in my ear after I take them out. I thought that maybe it was the complys but the same thing happened today with the grey flex-tips. What is the proper method to remove them?

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 7
I'll bet there is wax build-up between the sleeves and nozzle. It acts like grease. You should clean the nozzle approximately once a month.

Remove the sleeve, use a small amount of mild soap (dish detergent works well) and warm water. Clean around the nozzle/stem, being careful to not let water into the nozzle - you don't want to get the internal filter wet.

Wipe it dry, then try to wipe out the inside of the sleeves nozzle. You want to increase the friction as much as possible.

Jan 24, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #6 of 7
I tried the twisting out and pulling on the earlobe. It worked, but I'll clean the nozzle too.

Jan 24, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bet there is wax build-up between the sleeves and nozzle. It acts like grease. You should clean the nozzle approximately once a month.

Remove the sleeve, use a small amount of mild soap (dish detergent works well) and warm water. Clean around the nozzle/stem, being careful to not let water into the nozzle - you don't want to get the internal filter wet.

Wipe it dry, then try to wipe out the inside of the sleeves nozzle. You want to increase the friction as much as possible.

Your skin-oils too can act like a lube, and make the sleeves easier to pull off. At least thats what I found with my e2c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back