Earthquake in SoCal!
May 18, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #6 of 18
Wow, the National Geological Survey is reporting it at a 5.0! I just got word here on the right coast... Hope everyone is a-ok!

However, this would have been a good time to test the integrity of my anti-vibration pebbles....
wink.gif
tongue.gif

NK

May 18, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by evu325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm didn't feel anything from La Jolla. Where'd it start?

from what i have seen and heard so far it was pretty much centered in lennox

May 18, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 18
Yeah, this building kind of rotated a few times, then quivered, then stopped. I'm in Orange, so it was weaker here, apparently.
tongue.gif

May 18, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 18
I felt it. Strongest one since the one near Chino Hills last summer. Speaking of which, this is the most active So Cal has been for a while at least to me. This last year, I have felt four earthquakes, whereas the norm is usually around one.

May 18, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #11 of 18
A few miles from where I used to live.

A 5.0 here would be a disaster (would liquefy the fill that half the city is built on). Think of yourselves as lucky to think of a 5.0 the way you do!

One thing I miss about living in LA is how an earthquake is a communal experience. Gives everyone something in common. Is that a weird thought?

May 18, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #13 of 18
May 18, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #15 of 18
If you live in SouthernCal, 5 is nothing! I did not feel it although my wife did. May be was the excitement of watching Angels and Demons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back