EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Mar 28, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,291 of 1,557
I think linum BAX
  I like the Velvet on Tight mode, with Spinfit tips and probably(I haven't buy it yet, but I know how it sounds) Linum BAX cable.

I've tried 5 different tips and Spinfits are the best. They are adding detail and improving mids and trebles. Tips are changing the sound too much.(I'm not a plecebo guy that says everything changes the sound, trust me
biggrin.gif
)
Linum BAX changes too much as well.

Yes, spinfit tips are probably the best bet for Velvet when it comes to SQ, but not for isolation.
About Linum BAX, I think it makes Velvet's sound too "thin" (Tweaked in balanced mode). My cable of choice is the Whiplash Twag V3 Silver.

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #1,292 of 1,557
  I think linum BAX

Yes, spinfit tips are probably the best bet for Velvet when it comes to SQ, but not for isolation.
About Linum BAX, I think it makes Velvet's sound too "thin" (Tweaked in balanced mode). My cable of choice is the Whiplash Twag V3 Silver.

You're right about isolation. RHA and the Stock tips were better at that but you can use Spinfits in public places too. I've used it in an airport and it handled it well.

That cable thing is weird. Makes Velvet thin? compared to the stock cable or Whiplash?
Because, I'm searching a cheap solution. Whiplash seemed expensive but Linum's price were good and it sounded okay. I was going to buy it this week. (I didn't listen very widely)

Do you have any other recommendations? I'm good at DIY cables. I can make one if someone recommend a good cable for Velvet at approximately Linum's price. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #1,293 of 1,557
  You're right about isolation. RHA and the Stock tips were better at that but you can use Spinfits in public places too. I've used it in an airport and it handled it well.

That cable thing is weird. Makes Velvet thin? compared to the stock cable or Whiplash?
Because, I'm searching a cheap solution. Whiplash seemed expensive but Linum's price were good and it sounded okay. I was going to buy it this week. (I didn't listen very widely)

Do you have any other recommendations? I'm good at DIY cables. I can make one if someone recommend a good cable for Velvet at approximately Linum's price. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Linum BAX is definitely better than the stock cable. But, for my taste, both sound thin. I sense a lost in sound stage and although bass sounds punchier and with an overall faster response, it lacks mid and upper bass.
I've tested other cables and the ones I like the most with Velvets are silver plated and pure silver. That would be my recommendation.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #1,294 of 1,557

Do you have any other recommendations? I'm good at DIY cables. I can make one if someone recommend a good cable for Velvet at approximately Linum's price. :)  

Linum BAX is definitely better than the stock cable. But, for my taste, both sound thin. I sense a lost in sound stage and although bass sounds punchier and with an overall faster response, it lacks mid and upper bass.

I've tested other cables and the ones I like the most with Velvets are silver plated and pure silver. That would be my recommendation.

I use an Effect Audio 8-braid copper / silver cable called Eros with my Velvets and it sounds fab. 8-wire is not the ideal portable thickness but I've got used to it. (They do the same one in 4-braid as well.)
Sounded great with iPhone 6 and ALO CDM (or hugo) and sounds great with Onkyo DP-X1 (balanced output). Smooth sound signature but with some bite where it's needed.

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,297 of 1,557
People are finding the soundstage of the 64 Audio U10 and U12 to be very wide. And I am thinking "you guys haven't heard the Velvets".

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,298 of 1,557
Can anybody suggest somewhere in the UK that I can get some custom silicone ear tips made up for my Velvets? Or even abroad in Europe if they will deal with the U.K.? I use the supplied medium bi flange and love them, they break in nicely, but then after some months I find they go too soft and I have to keep pushing them back into my ears!! It's reminding me of my UE TF10 days, looks like I'm screwing bolts into my head every few minutes :frowning2:
Thanks in advance

Apr 12, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #1,300 of 1,557
@yobster You can ask Piotr from Custom Art for the earmolds

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,302 of 1,557
Wow, Piotr from Custom Art replied within an hour, what a damn shame his reply was 'I'm sorry but we won't be able to make Tips for Velvets. Their nozzle is too sleek and it won't hold Ear Tip in place'.
Damn, with such a quick reply and reports of such good service this such a shame. Anybody else got any ideas? Thanks

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #1,304 of 1,557
  may i know...
which sounds better?

the velvet or the sm64?

SM64 is a V shape and Velvet's are slightly U shape. Tune is your choice but besides that Velvet gives much more airiness and better mids. Most of people would say Velvet. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #1,305 of 1,557
SM64 is a V shape and Velvet's are slightly U shape. Tune is your choice but besides that Velvet gives much more airiness and better mids. Most of people would say Velvet. 

thank you very much.
ill go for the velvet then...

another question.
treble. how was it on the velvet?
is it subdued or present?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back