EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,276 of 1,557
  Has anyone tried the Velvets with Fiio X7? Just got my Fiio X7 and I'm pretty curious about this pairing.

For anyone interested on getting the x7, musicaacoustics is selling what seems to be their last unit for $598.

Sounds great with FiiO X3II.

I'm interested in X7, but as I'm tied to the Geek Wave campaign I won't look for other DAPs until that mess has cleared up in one way or another.  

Feb 28, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,278 of 1,557
Better sub-bass and smoother highs than A3s. Mid bass and rest of the mids are similar. Velvets should be quite a bit better than the H3s

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #1,279 of 1,557

Has anyone tried the Velvets with Fiio X7? Just got my Fiio X7 and I'm pretty curious about this pairing.

For anyone interested on getting the x7, musicaacoustics is selling what seems to be their last unit for $598.

Sounds great with FiiO X3II.

I'm interested in X7, but as I'm tied to the Geek Wave campaign I won't look for other DAPs until that mess has cleared up in one way or another.  

I tried them with the X7 (and an Effect Audio cable. I think it was balanced connection). Sounded good. I prefer them with the Onkyo, which I why I went for that instead, but if you had an X7 and bought the Velvets, you certainly get a lot of bass for your money.

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #1,280 of 1,557
Don't know why everyone says earsonics has bad after sales service. I wrote them an email to change my housings from black to crystal whilst they repair my velvets and they replied saying it is possible within 10mins. Perhaps I was just lucky.

And to the guy saying velvets are thrash...perhaps you're right. Everyone perceives sound differently. I personally love the sound signature of Earsonics. I've gone from SM3 to SM64 to Shure 846 to the Velvets.

Love the deep bass, the intimate mids and the clear highs that aren't sibilant. Just hate the build quality a little bit. A year in and one channel died out and housings start to separate. Luckily it's all covered in warranty and hopefully I'll receive a fresh pair of repaired Velvet Crystals.

Feb 29, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,281 of 1,557
There were some quality issues with the first batch of black velvets, but they corrected it later.

I've communicated a lot with EarSonics, they usually respond very quick but I think they all struggle with English so they might come off a bit rude. But I have no complaints.

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,282 of 1,557
I have a fairly early pair in black and the housing on one was separated a touch from the beginning, but hasn't moved since (I.e. The unit is still sealed but you can see where the join has separated slightly).
They're still my favourite IEMs.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,284 of 1,557
Hey @FidelityCastro
 Buy 5-pack black sugru, apply it to the gaps on the housing. It'll extend it's lifetime and it will look better. 

Noted, thank you very much.
Will that work for the balanced connector on on Onkyo DP-X1 as well? I've got the dreaded wobble and its threatening to fall,out completely. Would like to avoid sending it back for warranty....

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,286 of 1,557
And to the guy saying velvets are thrash...perhaps you're right. Everyone perceives sound differently. I personally love the sound signature of Earsonics. I've gone from SM3 to SM64 to Shure 846 to the Velvets.

Came to Velvet pretty much the same route as you. Mine started from SM64 to 846 to Velvet with a brief detour to JVC HAFX-850. In terms of comparison between 846 and Velvets  ,$1k vs 600, its a no brainer. I would be hard to make decision even if both are priced at 1k.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,289 of 1,557
i hv mine on middle setting (forgot what earsonic call it)  with dp-x1. its the one i like the best. im running balanced though.velvet is not a neutral iem. its moderately coloured iem, in a nice way. infact all earsonics iem i've heard are all coloured. the less coloured one is their flagship, sem-9

Mar 28, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #1,290 of 1,557
I like the Velvet on Tight mode, with Spinfit tips and probably(I haven't buy it yet, but I know how it sounds) Linum BAX cable.

I've tried 5 different tips and Spinfits are the best. They are adding detail and improving mids and trebles. Tips are changing the sound too much.(I'm not a plecebo guy that says everything changes the sound, trust me
biggrin.gif
)
Linum BAX changes too much as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back