EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Oct 26, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #1,156 of 1,557
Just got a pure silver cable from a local manufacturer to go with my Velvet and I have to say: what a improvement.

I've NEVER believed in the cable hype, mainly due to the reason that I haven't experienced any difference (in SQ) when cable rolling all my gear (full size or IEM). 

But with the Velvet.. what a good surprise. 

Now I just have to wait for my spinfits to arrive and see if they're really that good. Once they arrive I'll also give my feedback on their size.

Hi Starfield. Do you mind me asking where you got your cable from, as you say local but your location is not in your profile. And how much did you pay?
I'm in the UK and looking to get a silver cable for mine, I'm just not sure where from and since you can vouch for the one you have received........
Many thanks

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,158 of 1,557
Hi Starfield. Do you mind me asking where you got your cable from, as you say local but your location is not in your profile. And how much did you pay?
I'm in the UK and looking to get a silver cable for mine, I'm just not sure where from and since you can vouch for the one you have received........
Many thanks

Hello, Yobster69.

I live in Brazil, so I won't be able to help you when it comes to the store. 
About the price, I think it was something like $150 (not sure about the conversion), but it was quite cheap (importing would be at least twice as much). Had to provide plugs tho.
The best way to get a cheap and good cable would be buying the plugs and cable by yourself and getting someone specialized to fix it all together for you or even DIY (if you have the time and patience).
I envy those DIY guys that can make any cable they want! haha 

Quote:

And indeed this is (especially) the case with the Velvet - a quality cable significantly improves instrument separation and definition, and tightens up the bass. 

That was exactly what I heard when changing the cables. Couldn't describe better.
Now that's either weird or just fact about SQ improvement. Funny thing..

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,159 of 1,557
Hello, Yobster69.

I live in Brazil, so I won't be able to help you when it comes to the store. 

About the price, I think it was something like $150 (not sure about the conversion), but it was quite cheap (importing would be at least twice as much). Had to provide plugs tho.

The best way to get a cheap and good cable would be buying the plugs and cable by yourself and getting someone specialized to fix it all together for you or even DIY (if you have the time and patience).

I envy those DIY guys that can make any cable they want! haha 
Thank you for coming back to me, much appreciated. And yes, I wish I had the skill with a soldering iron in order to make some.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #1,161 of 1,557
It's a good price, I paid $200 for mine second hand. The Silver Widow is a silver/1% gold alloy with litz construction, meaning every wire consists of multiple tiny wires. From my experience litz wires offer a higher resolution: better tonal definition and detail. Because of the gold (I think) it retains some warmth while providing a cleaner background, giving instruments more space to breathe. It will provide a great sense of detail and definition in the upper mids and treble, at a slight cost of recess in the lower mids (a small tradeoff but worth it). It won't sound bright or affect treble extension for instance - mainly improve the quality within the frequency range: a cleaner overall presentation.

As you can tell I am still very happy with it. Hope this helps, cheers.

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:56 AM Post #1,162 of 1,557
QW0AJG.jpg

Nov 8, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #1,166 of 1,557
Yes, I also have the Mojo and it pairs amazingly with the Velvet. The best I've heard of Velvet, drives them to their 100% potential.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #1,168 of 1,557
I think these are sensercom tips. They used to sell them from below link but I couldn't find order page.

http://www.sensorcom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105:double-flange-eartips&catid=87:generic-eartips&Itemid=635

Users who are viewing this thread

Back