EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Feb 25, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #346 of 1,557
Yeah I guess that's true.. The dial does turn easily now, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable turning it a lot.. Like sly_in_the_sky said, it's better to choose an option and only sometimes change it, or there might not be a dial left in 6 months :)
Very true. I intend to spend a couple of days with each setting on my preferred rig, then settle on the one I enjoyed the most, with a variation of music, and then leave it. But you know what this game is like, it's hard to stop trying different things if you think you can eek a little more of this, or a little less of that out of your gear. Once I have time I'll get on the case for a suitable plastic option (screwdriver or similar) and I'll post any links if I get lucky.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #347 of 1,557
Ok guys, got the Velvets yesterday. So far, amazing sound. I have not tried changing the tuning though because I can't see a clear indication which tuning is where. Also I can't see R and L on the Crystal version. My eyesight is good. Can you tell me where it is... I guess they're on the Balanced dial by default (I see a B).

These are much easier to drive than SM64.

I have small ears and these fit perfectly, much better than SM64.

PS: Don't listen to On My Level by Wiz Khalifa with Velvets unless you're a basshead.
L3000.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #348 of 1,557
Daaamn that song :)

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, what do you need R and L for? 

There are 3 small dots in a triangle around the dial. From the top of my head the most top one is 'warm', most bottom 'tight' and middle 'balanced'.

There are 2 miniscule dots on one side of the dial itself. That is the 'top' part which points at the direction.

Does this answer your question?

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #350 of 1,557
Ok I saw it, bottom right dot is the warm mode. There are two extremely small dots which indicate the sound mode. I prefer the warm sound.

To not screw the screw, you have to turn the dial very carefully and gently. Nothing happened to mine.

The sound signature is like SM64 on steroids. Clearer, more refined, better bass, more fun.

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #352 of 1,557
hi everyone i am a new user of the earsonics velvet

I want to ask that is there any difference between the crystal version and the normal black except the color?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuU9bFVSFZg

In the video made by japan music acoustics says the quality of the shell is MUCH MUCH better than the black version... (around 0:51)

The only thing I complain about the velvet is just the build quality of the shell

Is the shell quality really better than the black ones?

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #353 of 1,557
  I'm not a pro photographer but nonetheless, these are my babes.

I own the black velvets. Do not tease me with those sexy clear ones!!.....
omg they looks so good...there's just something about clear shells

hi everyone i am a new user of the earsonics velvet

I want to ask that is there any difference between the crystal version and the normal black except the color?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuU9bFVSFZg

In the video made by japan music acoustics says the quality of the shell is MUCH MUCH better than the black version... (around 0:51)

The only thing I complain about the velvet is just the build quality of the shell

Is the shell quality really better than the black ones?

For me build quality was always an 'eh' with the EarSonics having the SM64 as well. Both just looks like cheap plastic. But they both sound so good I forget how or what the shell looks like. They have never broke or cracked or anything of the like so I guess it can't be that bad. Still looks like cheap plastic though. Design/build quality/aesthetics could be better but for me, what I hear comes first.

Feb 26, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #354 of 1,557
I haven't even personally seen a Black Velvet but Crystal Velvet has great build quality. The shell is very sturdy and solid. I had SM64 and compared to it, Crystal Velvet is much better in terms of premium feel and shell quality.

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #355 of 1,557
I agree that the sound of the velvet is just brilliant
but i just want the build quality suits the price of the velvet... 
To me those "cheap plastic" even do not suits the price of sm64
sometimes I may jealous the build quality of the other brands, even those accessories...
Hope Earsonics can really improve it
I understand the sound is the most important feature of an earphone, but I just want it to be perfect

On the other hand, is there any suggestions for the ear tips?
Seems the westone tips are too small for the velvet...

Feb 26, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #356 of 1,557
sometimes I may jealous the build quality of the other brands, even those accessories...
I understand the sound is the most important feature of an earphone, but I just want it to be perfect

You couldn't fit the Westone tips? I had problems with the foam ones, but the silicon fit fine. The original tips are slightly uncomfortable for me, but when I compare them with the Westones I feel they sound a lot better, don't know why..

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #357 of 1,557
The sales just told me the nozzle is too big for the westone tips so I even do not have a chance to test it...
The silicon one means the westone star tips? The foam one is the westone true fit tips?

At first the original tips makes my ears very uncomfortable or even painful... so I bought the sony tips
But now the original tips is ok for me and I also think the original tips sounds better than the sony tips, even with better noise cancelling
Although it is ok now, I still want to try new tips to see how the sound changes

In Hong Kong seems the monster supertips, the shure black foam and the westone tips are the best apart from the comply foam (I don't like comply foam)
If the silicon really fits, I may buy them and try it

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #359 of 1,557
  I haven't even personally seen a Black Velvet but Crystal Velvet has great build quality. The shell is very sturdy and solid. I had SM64 and compared to it, Crystal Velvet is much better in terms of premium feel and shell quality.

Ah...that makes me want to sell the black just to get the crystal.

Yes, the Westone silicone star tips will fit if you force it on. They will not be damaged since the silicone material is strong and elastic compared to other silicone tips. Westone foam true tips will not fit unless you pull out the plastic nozzle part of the tip and replace it with one that will fit the Velvets. I currently use Comply T-400 with a monster tip mod that I got with their gel and foam tips. The Monster tips itself do not work for me. I just use the red rubber tip mod thing. For the SM64 I like the Westone foam true tips and I am thinking about modding one for the Velvets like I mentioned earlier.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #360 of 1,557
I have asked the earsonics about the difference of the shell
They say the build quality of the new black shell are very similar to the crystal shell
Also you can send your black velvet to earsonics and give 60euro to upgrade to the crystal shell, but it does not change the cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back