Earsonics SM3 vs UE TF 10 vs Westone 4
May 14, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 87
Yes trance and Hardstyle is fast but they use real woofers at the club. Where BA Drivers do work well is in the mids and highs and many BA drivers will be needed to give a clearer and more detailed sound. There is a compromise there are some companies that have BA Drivers for the mids and highs and a Dynamic Driver for the BASS!
Quote:

If you ever listened to a genre like trance, you would realize that speed is actually needed so maybe you should stop trying to portray a point that is false.  Furthermore, it isn't a marketing scheme.  More balanced armatures is not necessarily better a distinct difference from your "more does not mean better."  You are completely wrong, the usage of more balanced armatures distributes the burden of taking care of the entire spectrum allowing each to specialize in a certain area allowing for a more detailed and in the end result if done properly (key) a better sounding in ear monitor overall.  

You are completely wrong, "anyone knows that a well tuned3-4 drivers can easily be on par if not better."  Again, if done properly a multitude of drivers allows for greater potential of a better sounding ear phone.  The reason this isn't always true is execution, difference in sound signatures by different companies, and as you get deeper into audiophilia the concept of diminishing marginal returns applies so the differences aren't always as distinctly discernible.  At least, not by someone as ignorant as you.  

May 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #47 of 87
Okay I'll stop my popcorn munching and chime in:
Speakers, headphones, and IEMs are different. Period.  You can't just upscale a top-tier IEM to the physical size of a speaker and expect it to sound good.  Impedance, housing shape/size, sensitivity etc are all factors in creating an audio product and all have an impact on the final sound of the product.

May 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #48 of 87
Quote:
Yes trance and Hardstyle is fast but they use real woofers at the club. Where BA Drivers do work well is in the mids and highs and many BA drivers will be needed to give a clearer and more detailed sound. There is a compromise there are some companies that have BA Drivers for the mids and highs and a Dynamic Driver for the BASS!

I agree with the poster above, not this poster that I quoted.  

They are not the freaking same thing.  You can't compare full size sub-woofers at a freaking club.  Furthermore, I highly doubt they even give high fidelity sound as opposed to just head-booming bass.  Your points are getting MORE and MORE ridiculous.  

May 14, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #49 of 87
I guess you have to be right and all others are just as you say "ridiculous". I have tried top BA Custom earphones such as JH13 and JH16, Earsonics customs and even though they do provide very nice bass they cannot give true bass as a dynamic driver can. The Future Sonics MG6Pro with one Dynamic Driver is not only as detailed and clear in the mid and treble range but will and does give pounding detailed and controlled bass and SUB-Bass where my jaw bones starts to vibrate.
Quote:

I agree with the poster above, not this poster that I quoted.  

They are not the freaking same thing.  You can't compare full size sub-woofers at a freaking club.  Furthermore, I highly doubt they even give high fidelity sound as opposed to just head-booming bass.  Your points are getting MORE and MORE ridiculous.  

May 14, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #50 of 87
Which earphone or IEMs have you bought or tried for an extended period? My point is the top BA Driven custom earphones will provide bass but not equal to a  equally priced custom dynamic driven earphone.
Quote:
Speakers, headphones, and IEMs are different. Period.  You can't just upscale a top-tier IEM to the physical size of a speaker and expect it to sound good.  Impedance, housing shape/size, sensitivity etc are all factors in creating an audio product and all have an impact on the final sound of the product.

May 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #51 of 87
You got rid of your UE 5Pro but if you compared those with the UE 5Pro EB which has a Dynamic driver with one BA driver you would have been able to not only hear the bass but feel the bass.
Quote:

May 14, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #52 of 87
Quote:
You got rid of your UE 5Pro but if you compared those with the UE 5Pro EB which has a Dynamic driver with one BA driver you would have been able to not only hear the bass but feel the bass.

I never had the  superfi 5 pro, I've only ever had the SuperFi 5 (single BA).  Also - tuning matters.  I have a pair of Ety mc3 - they have a single dynamic driver.  However they are fairly accurate and don't have much of the sub bass boom you seem so attracted to.  The EB in the superfi 5 Pro EB stands for Enhanced Bass.  I'm no basshead, and I detest overpowering bass.  Electrostatic headphones and speakers are arguably some of the best audio products in the world, and you certainly can't "feel" the bass.  Does that mean that they're inferior to Beats, where there is so much bass you can't hear anything else? 

Open your eyes - bass isn't everything, and balanced armatures surely have their benefits, otherwise nobody would use them.

May 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #54 of 87
I will play with you little boy. You can assume all the negative about me and what I like but when I say bass I do not say bass that over powers the mids and highs. It is possible to have bass that shakes the floor while the mids and highs are clear and detailed where I can hear every word being sung and I can hear the guitar players fingers moving up and down the guitar neck. You migh enjoy 1 single driver  generic universal earphone but once you move up to a custom you will know. For know you are free to think as you like.
Quote:

I never had the  superfi 5 pro, I've only ever had the SuperFi 5 (single BA).  Also - tuning matters.  I have a pair of Ety mc3 - they have a single dynamic driver.  However they are fairly accurate and don't have much of the sub bass boom you seem so attracted to.  The EB in the superfi 5 Pro EB stands for Enhanced Bass.  I'm no basshead, and I detest overpowering bass.  Electrostatic headphones and speakers are arguably some of the best audio products in the world, and you certainly can't "feel" the bass.  Does that mean that they're inferior to Beats, where there is so much bass you can't hear anything else? 

Open your eyes - bass isn't everything, and balanced armatures surely have their benefits, otherwise nobody would use them.

May 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #55 of 87
Quote:
I will play with you little boy. You can assume all the negative about me and what I like but when I say bass I do not say bass that over powers the mids and highs. It is possible to have bass that shakes the floor while the mids and highs are clear and detailed where I can hear every word being sung and I can hear the guitar players fingers moving up and down the guitar neck. You migh enjoy 1 single driver  generic universal earphone but once you move up to a custom you will know. For know you are free to think as you like.

What if I don't want bass that shakes the floor?

May 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #58 of 87
Quote:
Then dont add bass and leave the player flat. The music you mention you like all have a bass player and electronic music without bass aint electronic but a video game.

Melodic death metal with too much bass sounds like crap, indie rock is fine as it is (mostly acoustic).  By electronic I don't mean non-music like dubstep, it's more like Owl City.  For which you don't need too much bass for.  I don't use EQ anyway, and I love the sound signature of the UM3X with its balanced armature bass.  Yes, I've heard DD bass.

May 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #59 of 87
I listen to many styles and not all styles requires a lot of bass but on say some meatal they have a guitar bass line and when it does I like to hear and feel the bass coming from his playing.
Quote:
Melodic death metal with too much bass sounds like crap, indie rock is fine as it is (mostly acoustic).  By electronic I don't mean non-music like dubstep, it's more like Owl City.  For which you don't need too much bass for.  I don't use EQ anyway, and I love the sound signature of the UM3X with its balanced armature bass.  Yes, I've heard DD bass.

May 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #60 of 87
Quote:
I listen to many styles and not all styles requires a lot of bass but on say some meatal they have a guitar bass line and when it does I like to hear and feel the bass coming from his playing.

Exactly, I respect your preferences and I hope you will respect everyone else's.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back