Earsonics SM2 universal IEMs on the way
Mar 29, 2008 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

globiboulga

100+ Head-Fier
A bit of news from GenerationMP3.com which indicates that earsonics are about to release universal IEM: the SM2.
Price quoted is euro 280. The article mentions at least 2 drivers and manual fine settings (apparently a trademark of hearsonics, but no idea what it is).
Comments on the website point out the similarities with the UM2s and 'hope' they will sound better.

I don't know the earsonics range, but I am curious about the sound, and welcome some competition in the high end universal IEM world. Hopefully a good surprise (could help while waiting for the Westone 3).

Source: generationmp3.com

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 19
remind me of westone UM2

smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 19
Jun 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 19
I am receiving a pair of the Sm2 for review, by the way. They offer a DLX version, which has a cable that's thinner, more flexible, but the same braided cable as the Um2, that is what i'm getting for the review at 320 Euros so i'll let you guys know on that.

The Review will be posted in a couple weeks, as i have no idea how long the sample will take to get here all the way over here in Canada.

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 19
I tort I taw a pr for sale in the FS forum?

Edit\ Blimey, just seen the start date for this thread....slow burner huh?

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like poor man's e5c. the design is certainly a step down and shoddy, straight edges are not elegant, in fact on closer inspection, shure E1 anybody? eww

People that have owned it says that they are extremely comfortable, and the sound quality does not disappoint at all...we'll see. I'll let you guys know when i get the unit.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #11 of 19
Must admit, I'm tempted if only because they look so...angular. And who knows? A French IEM? Could be good...or at least a change...

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #13 of 19
My experience of French products is that, while they can be good, they are usually very much overpriced. Companies have to pay taxes much higher than in the States, and the added expense transfers to the products.

And if you wonder how such products can still sell, in France itself, when the international competition offers a better cost/quality ratio, it's very simple: custom taxes are very high, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back