EarSonics EM6 - 6 Driver Custom IEM
Dec 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

SolidVictory

500+ Head-Fier
EarSonics has just announced a new Custom IEM to their lineup: the EarSonics EM6:​
 ​

The details on the website:

1. The new in-ear monitors reference for live performance, sound-based on EM4 technology but adapted to live. The best professional tool for exigents musicians who wait for best audio quality.
  2. The spectral balance is rigorous and a musical as never achieved before in an in-ear. Deep and "clean" lows, a "Earsonics touch" medium and treble with incredible sharpness.
  3. The frequency response is longer thanks to the 3-way process with a rich harmonics treble extension.
  4. The 6 drivers use, increase headroom and push more foward the limit of saturation. Very important think to reproduce extreme dynamic and powerfull signal during live performances.

Specifications:

Sensitivity: 124 dB/mW 
Frequency response : 10 Hz -20 kHz
Impedance: 41 ohms 
Driver: 6 balanced armature drivers (2 lows, 2mediums, 2 highs), 3-way passive crossover.
Included Accessories: Replaceable "Y" cable, cleansing wipes, cerumen removal tool with brush, carrying case.
Warranty: 1 year (except cable)

With the EarSonics EM4 just recently released, this is a surprise move by EarSonics. Are they trying to play catch-up with other Custom IEM manufacturers? Or is this just another weapon in the "driver war" that has been going on?

I'm interested to see developments, and how this IEM sounds. You can find out more about the EarSonics EM6, and order online at their website: www.earsonics.com

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 15
I think they are trying to play catch up as usually prices of their customs have price differences of more than 100 euros, now this is only 50 euros more than the EM4. This could be in a bid to close the gap between other customs like the JH16 and their own i suppose. Also, Earsonics have never seem to be fans of the "driver war" IMO

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 15
I am in touch with french audio webzines (tellement nomades) and with Franck Lopez from earsonics and I already have the Em4...I wanted to upgrade to the Em6 but M. Lopez said that these Em6 are supposed to be designed for live performers on stage and not audiophile listeners.

The SQ is middle centred and treble is less refined than the Em4 (to avoid earing damage after long concerts). The double drivers in each way is to take away the distortion and allow more power to the IEM.... 

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 15
Yes I am, they are the best Iem I ever had (first custom), but you know, for 50 euros more, I could have the Em6 and if they were better, with an even better SQ, I would have upgraded them...but they aren't...

When I say "upgrade" it's because with Earsonics, you probably know that you can change your Customs (if you choose the empty shell) and for example, change your em2 into em4 or em4 into em6....like the 1964 ears brand.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 15
After having spent some time with my EM4, some people on "tellement nomades" decided to upgrade from them to the EM6.... after reading what people said, I decided to do so (curiosity) and all I can say now is that the EM6 push forward the musicality, the dynamics and the coherence... no problems with treble, they are natural, very well extended. Bass is just there, exactly the amount and the quality I was looking for...and the medium are just incredibly lively, precise and textured.

The EM6 are not only for professionals...

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
After having spent some time with my EM4, some people on "tellement nomades" decided to upgrade from them to the EM6.... after reading what people said, I decided to do so (curiosity) and all I can say now is that the EM6 push forward the musicality, the dynamics and the coherence... no problems with treble, they are natural, very well extended. Bass is just there, exactly the amount and the quality I was looking for...and the medium are just incredibly lively, precise and textured.

On this sentence "push forward musicality" did you mean EM6 has more forward imaging?secondly, is there any certain aspect that EM4 wins to em6?

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 15
Yes it has, a little bit more medium, détails, timbre, speed in this region...

Technically, they have more realistic dynamics, more speed and impact when needed...and to my taste, the overall balance in tonality (proportion of medium with treble and bass) is also more realistic... but it's a matter of taste. Perhaps the EM4 are a little bit mor "bassy" , a little bit to much for me and my idea of what a Hi-fi sound must be.

Jun 11, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #9 of 15
Hello,

I really think that this wonderful IEM hasn't the attention that it deserve here on head-fi....

For those who already know how good the EM4 are, you should read/translate this review made by a french site named "tuperwav"...speaking about the EM6.

http://tupperwav.com/le-materiel/em6-flagship-earsonics/

Lot of french audiophile and audio enthusiasts owners (and myself) prefer the EM6 by a big big margin...

It would be nice if Average_joe could test them one day...:wink:

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #11 of 15
hello,

Average_joe monster comparison on head fi...

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #12 of 15
Any EM6 owner regrets having bought them? I'm about to pull the trigger...

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #15 of 15

Hello,
First of all congratulations for your help and opinion on iems / ciems. I'm new here, where I would like to know your opinion. I am considering buying mdt first "Ciem", and I am in doubt among 4 models, which are: Earsonics EM4, EM6, EM64 and the Spiral Ear 5 Way Reference. What is your opinion?
I like to listen to genres like Pop / Rock / Electronic, I like a warm, full-bodied and detailed sound too, and I think the 4 fit in well (I say) hehehehe.

Sincerely,
Bruno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back