Earsonics EM4 Custom IEM Review: Front & Center
Feb 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #46 of 89
I am having the same problem with my right ear only. After I move my head a few times the 'seal' of the right ear is broken so the sound(especially bass) is slightly smaller than the left. But the left keeps fit in my ear no matter how I turn my head around. It will take one month to send it to ES and receive it back 
triportsad.gif

Quote:
[size=medium]Thanks’ for the input. It's really just the left ear piece that bothers me. It dislocates more easily, and, unlike the right ear piece, needs to be put back in place by hand. So suppose I really want to try to do something about it, what steps do I need to take to fix it?[/size]

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #47 of 89
Hi  I just got my EM6 today.Very simple question first.  Why there is only two holes on my EM6 while it's 3 way crossed over? I can sort of see more drivers in the shell (it's hard, cuz the shell isnt all that transparent)

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #48 of 89
EM4 is also 3 way but only two holes.

Quote:
Hi  I just got my EM6 today.Very simple question first.  Why there is only two holes on my EM6 while it's 3 way crossed over? I can sort of see more drivers in the shell (it's hard, cuz the shell isnt all that transparent)

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #49 of 89
Yeah. Just found out about that. But why? SE 5 way has like 5 small holes on the canal. So ear sonics merge highs and mids into one hole?

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #50 of 89

Quote:
Yeah. Just found out about that. But why? SE 5 way has like 5 small holes on the canal. So ear sonics merge highs and mids into one hole?

Out of curiosity, what do you think having 3 sound tubes would improve?

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #51 of 89
No idea. I just thought the number of cross over will represent the number of tubes on the canal.

So I guess more individual tubes will produce more separated instrument sound? since lows, mids and highs will have their own tubes. Only a wild guess. I know nothing about cross over

Quote:

Out of curiosity, what do you think having 3 sound tubes would improve?

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #52 of 89
Nope, it doesn't have to work that way.  Speaking with Grzegorz from Spiral Ear, when the sound mixes will affect certain aspects of the sound, so it is up to the tuner to choose when to mix the frequencies.  And think, single dynamic driver IEMs always have only 1 sound tube for the whole spectrum!

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #53 of 89
Can I also ask. Is this true that for IEMs fitting, the tighter the better? Can your ear get used to it eventually? Or you will feel the tightness everytime you put it on?

Feb 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #54 of 89

Quote:
Can I also ask. Is this true that for IEMs fitting, the tighter the better? Can your ear get used to it eventually? Or you will feel the tightness everytime you put it on?

You want a tight fit, but if the fit is too tight, then there may be discomfort after extended use.  That is the case with both my SE 5-way and the NT6.  The canals were just a bit too large causing discomfort. Over time, the discomfort took longer to kick in, but it never went away, so it depends on your ears and just how tight they really are.

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #55 of 89
Hello Avearge_Joe,

I received my EM4 after 3 times refit and now I think that it's almost perfect...BUT... I don't think there's a fit problem but, when I push a lot more the Ciem in the ear, the isolation is better and the bass response slighty more present...

What is the "normal" and "right" sound? The one without pressure or the other... are my fit problems not finished...

Thank you...

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #56 of 89
Sadly I have to leave my EM 6 in its box for most of the time.. Because the fitting is still bad. The right ear hurts pretty bad. Can't remember how many times I have sent back to ear sonics (with new impressions)..Maybe my right ear just doesnt allow me to wear ear sonics IEMs.
frown.gif
  The shipping fee can almost afford another pair of IEMs. I don't want to keep doing this endless cycle that leads to nothing. They can't get my right ear fitting right.

I know the build quality is really good. But ear sonics IEMs are really huge, heavy and tight. It's like a tank compared to my JH16 which is much smaller and lighter.

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #57 of 89
Really sorry for you...

That's why I choose a french company near where I live... I would be in the same situation of you if I choosed JH or Westone...

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #58 of 89
Actually I live in Uk lol:) JH audio did it right for the first time. I guess they use different scan and process technology for making ear molds. Because for my right ear of EM 6, the fitting is wrong for several spots actually so make it impossible to explain to ear sonics again.  Never mind:) I can always put them on when my ears are itchy
redface.gif
. I think I am done with inserting any more IEMs into my ears (Still waiting for my last one, SE 5 way). Full sized earphones are so much eaiser to handle.

Quote:
Really sorry for you...

That's why I choose a french company near where I live... I would be in the same situation of you if I choosed JH or Westone...

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #59 of 89

Quote:
Hello Avearge_Joe,

I received my EM4 after 3 times refit and now I think that it's almost perfect...BUT... I don't think there's a fit problem but, when I push a lot more the Ciem in the ear, the isolation is better and the bass response slighty more present...

What is the "normal" and "right" sound? The one without pressure or the other... are my fit problems not finished...

Thank you...

That still sounds like a fit issue, but it may be remedied by using an ear lubricant to create the same seal as you get when pushing the shell in.  When most shells are manufactured, they are dry and even though they fit well, they don't seal as well as they do with extended use due to cerumen buildup, but you can speed that process with the ear lubricant.

Or get them slightly larger in the canal, but then you risk discomfort.

Pressure is different as many of my CIEMs require me to pull them back a bit after insertion to relieve the pressure buildup during insertion.  I know those fit real well.

Quote:
Actually I live in Uk lol:) JH audio did it right for the first time. I guess they use different scan and process technology for making ear molds. Because for my right ear of EM 6, the fitting is wrong for several spots actually so make it impossible to explain to ear sonics again.  Never mind:) I can always put them on when my ears are itchy
redface.gif
. I think I am done with inserting any more IEMs into my ears (Still waiting for my last one, SE 5 way). Full sized earphones are so much eaiser to handle.

Fit can be a hassle and it seems there are several people with issues as of late.  I am not sure why that is, but Earsonics got my EM4 perfect on the first try (thankfully).  Other than changing material for my impressions, which does give different results, the results from manufacturers are pretty accurate and I would believe a high % of the issues are due to the impressions themselves.  If the company takes a negative, or scans the impression, there really shouldn't be much room for error, but when injecting the impression material in the ear and not pulling back the gun at the best time can lead to canals not being formed perfectly.

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #60 of 89
Thank you Joe... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back