Ears in Austin
Dec 31, 2017 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

barryt

Member of the Trade: Austin Audio Works
HI, I am looking for constructive auditioning and reviews of my new headphone amplifier now in its pre-production stage, preferably in or about Austin so we can meet and and I can learn more about what you hear.

Replay here, thank you,

Barry Thornton - Austin AudioWorks.com

Dec 31, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 5
Not anywhere close to Texas but was curious about what type of amp your building?

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Not anywhere close to Texas but was curious about what type of amp your building?

It looks interesting,its on his website...too bad im not in ATex

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Just check it out your right interesting. By the look of it a few mortgage payments. Would love to hear it though.

Jan 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #5 of 5

Hello Buke9,

Thank you for your interest. To answer the question let me offer that I have designed and am building an amplifier that employs neither global or sub-global stage feedback and operating in a Class-A regime. Gain is achieved employing a current-mode technology (the domain of transistor operation) rather than a voltage-mode topology (the domain of tube operation) resulting in neither a "tube' or "solid-state" sound but only transparency and 'speed'. It is an amazing headphone driving technology and I refer you to the Critiques on my website from auditioners who bought the prototypes and early pre-pre product unit.

Yes, it costs a few bucks - they are expensive to make and hand build. I expect to release finished product before March as I am now resolving the final cosmetics, the 'guts' are production. There will be a few of these early pre-production units available after they have been used for early critiquing such as my request in the posting looking for auditioners.

I also offer a most remarkable phone preamplifier (The Black Swan) and will soon have a DAC (The BlackDAC).

Welcome to a celebration of American bootstrap entrepreneurism.

Thank you.

Barry Thornton - austinaudioworks.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back