Ears getting warm
Apr 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

headphones

New Head-Fier
Do your ears get warm when wearing open headphones ? Currently own a pair sealed headphones. Hate that my ears start to get warm and itch after a few hours. I didn't realize this before I bought them.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do your ears get warm when wearing open headphones ? Currently own a pair sealed headphones. Hate that my ears start to get warm and itch after a few hours. I didn't realize this before I bought them.

Yeh, I haven't used headphones which don't make my head warm. YUIN PK1's earbud is a fine solution to that problem if the SQ is enough for you. I haven't had bad time resisting temptations to buy new headphones.

I think SQ is pretty irrelevant if headphones are not comfortable to use.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 8
Yes, it certainly happens.
Just like with closed-back headphones.

Apr 24, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 8
I keep reading that the Denon D5000 are very comfortable but people who own them do your ears get warm after a while ? If so how long ? Are the Denon AHD2000 just as comfortable as the Denon D5000?

Apr 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So mainly only IEMs work well if you don't want your ears to get warm ? Open headphones don't work and have the same problem ?

IEM's are not so comfortable. I would recommend them only and only if you want to hear your music in noisy conditions. IEM's are very expensive.. My 170 euros Shure E4 IEM's are probably worse then YUIN PK3 earbud which was 40 euros.

If I had known this from the beginning I doubt I would have bought E4's. IEM's prices are just outrageous. I would rather think something else to do and put more money on home setup.

Apr 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #8 of 8
What kind of headphones are the most comfortable and not make your ears warm?

Something relatively affordable and light, like the Sennheiser PX100s -- if you don't need isolation. Very comfortable, even in hot weather. I really like my Sennheiser 555's, but even as comfortable as they are, they get warm when worn for more than 15 minutes (but then maybe I'm just a hothead, LOL),

Consider IEMs or canal phones for varying degrees of isolation, or good earbuds like the Yuins if isolation isn't an issue -- and if you can stand having earbuds barely hanging in your ear, which I can't ... IEMs and canal phones are more comfortable for me than earbuds are, but your mileage may vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back