Earplugs for under 30$?
Feb 12, 2005 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Bricolo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I owned a pair of Senn MX-500 for a couple of years and was satisfied with them. But since they ended in a snowball after a small fall when skiing, I'm now looking for new ones.

Theyr only use will be portable audio, like in the train, or during sports. At home, there's my Senn HD565.

Since I bought my MX-500, I didn't inform me about headphones, nor earplugs, so I have idea of what new came since.

For this budget (30 bucks), what should I buy? Is there something more interesting that the MX-500?

Thanks
Alex

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 19
I think that EdipisReks means that the name earplugs is incorrect?

Anyway, you are looking for earbuds like the MX500 and are wondering whether there's something better out there for under $30. Not to my knowledge.
There are the Koss earphones KCS75. They are spoken highly of. But those are clip-ons, not earbuds.

Feb 12, 2005 at 12:56 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bricolo
Why would I be looking for canalphones? I doubt there's something worth it in my pricerange.

My last ones were MX500s, no canalphones.

the way your first post was worded implied, to me, that you meant canalphones. if you are just looking for another set of earbuds just get a second set of mx500's.

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 19
ok, sorry for the confusion.

so yes, I'm looking for earbuds. I'm not so interested in the Koss since I want something I can throw in my bag with the mp3 player, and that doesn't take too much room...

I've been told about the AKG K14P, and the senn MX550
how good are those?

Feb 12, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #9 of 19
Not too general a consensus
tongue.gif
Here, MX450 is better than MX500.

Feb 12, 2005 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bricolo
nobody knows the AKG?
frown.gif

i've asked that question, too. doesn't look like it. audio-technica just came out with some value "inner ear earphones," but judging by the pictures, they're just buds. they're $5 over your budget, but my guess is they'd be better?

the ath-c601 has a shorter cord and straight plug for remotes, and the ath-c602 has a longer cord and right-angle plug (actually looks more like 75 degrees or so!
blink.gif
)

EDIT: comes in 4 colors, too.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #13 of 19
The ATH-C601 and ATH-C602 are actually normal earbuds -- just saw them today (I think) -- although they are called "inner ear" by AudioCubes and Audio-Technica themselves -- a bit misleading. By "inner ear" they just mean "not-outside-the-ear" ...

You might like to consider the Panasonic RP-HJE50 which is very similar in design to the Sony EX-50/51/70/71 but has less bloated bass than the Sonys, is better built, AND cheaper -- under $20 excluding shipping. Quite good value IMHO. For some reason it has been largely overlooked, although there's a couple of mentions in these forums.

Feb 12, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #14 of 19
there arent a lot of "extraordinary and spellbinding" earbuds under $30 in the market right now, and the only ones that are actually good are the sennheiser mx series and the koss ksc35/75. but since you dont want clip-ons, even though they dont dont take much more space than regular earbuds, then you should just go with the mx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back