earplane on shure e2c..
Nov 5, 2004 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

frankcent

100+ Head-Fier
today, I got the children-sized earplanes for 10 can dollars at the local drug store (in the us, they would be found at much cheaper prices I think) and did some modifications to them so that they work as sleeves.
easy to insert like the silicon pieces. comfy like the foamies.

attachment.php
etysmile.gif

it is somebody else's idea..
http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/sho...threadid=54460

Nov 5, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
What is the purpose of this mod? Do you have especially small ears?

well. I used children-sized earplane because e2c have significantly larger tubes than e3c. (the inventor of this mod used adult-sized earplane on e3c) I found the silicon pieces uncomfortable and the foamies hard to insert and annoying, especially when I have a book or somthing in my hand. You can get them for 5 bucks. Dont you think its worth a try?

Nov 5, 2004 at 8:00 AM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankcent
foamies hard to insert and annoying, especially when I have a book or somthing in my hand

With a little bit of practice, one-handed insertion can be done under 5 seconds, so you might want to give the foamies another chance.

Nov 5, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeEd
wow, how does your filters look so perfect
i mean, after i did the EX71 mod, i had to reverse it because i know i'll run out of filters very quickly

I changed the filters when I installed the earplane, since I was afraid of that the old ones may fall off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
With a little bit of practice, one-handed insertion can be done under 5 seconds, so you might want to give the foamies another chance.

well. I switched from foamies to silicon pieces, then to this. I like this best, even in terms of comfort. yet, they might be the cheapest alternative when you run out of foamies. in the us, they are sold for 5 bucks.
etysmile.gif

Feb 25, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
Can the filters be cleaned? Or, do you just have to buy some more?

I can kind of brush off little earwax flakes. But after a while the adhesive glue gets mooshey and doesnt hold them too well. At that point I have to replace them.

Garrett

Apr 22, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 18
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111889

I posted about my results with this mod in the above thread.

The Earplanes are very soft and rubbery. I preferred them to the silicone and foamies that came with my E2cs. However, I prefer the ultra soft sleeves that I have since gotten even more. I'm sure it's all personal preference based on how your ear canal is shaped. At $5 they're worth a try.

The four flange set up affected the sound too much, which is why I trimmed them back.

Apr 22, 2005 at 4:47 PM Post #15 of 18
where do guys buy them from? can i use this on my EX71's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back