Earphones won't fit in my ears.. Help?
Nov 17, 2015 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Flamess

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys for some reason, I just got a bunch of earphones in the mail, I was playing to review them and stuff when I realized earphones don't fit in my ears. I tried to littlest to the biggest tips that came with it. I was wondering what to do, because especially in one ear they just keep falling out right after I push them in. What should I do? Should I get better or bigger tips? I had something like this in mind: http://www.amazon.com/Earphones-Plus-EP-BLK-TRI-4B-L-earphone-replacement/dp/B011W1BMBQ/ , but I don't know how much new tips will help. Any tips on tips? (Ouch the puns) I think I have bigger ears the the average person, so that may be one issue, not sure though. (I'm not talking like dumbo, a more subtle diff.)
Help? Any recommendations?
Thanks! -Flamess

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 3
One of your ears may have a different shape, but if that same problem occurs in all sizes it won't be a matter of using different sizes on each. a biflange or triflange tip seems like a good idea to test but before you pull the trigger on that make sure they actually fit. If those are too big then they won't stay on the bore of the IEM; if they're smaller, at minimum you'll have to stretch them over the bore using tweezers as spreaders, but if they're too small they'll compress at the tip and cover the bore, which at minimum will significantly attenuate the treble.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the advice. I'll be testing around in tips and such. 
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back