Earphones with subwoofer like bass (under $50)???
Feb 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

smittyryan

Head-Fier
Something that really thumps in your ear while still maintaining a nice clear sound. (doesn't have too be complete audiophile quality) thats under 50 bucks. I would love to get something around 35 but also willing too go up a tiny bit more but not that much more

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
Whats the best out of all of those and does the m31 have the most thumping bass out of all of the meelectonics

I don't know about best but all three have way more bass than I normally want from an earphone. The M31 is the best all-rounder I would think as it's more comfortable than the XB40EX and way more solid in build quality than the EB900.

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
Something that really thumps in your ear while still maintaining a nice clear sound. (doesn't have too be complete audiophile quality) thats under 50 bucks. I would love to get something around 35 but also willing too go up a tiny bit more but not that much more

If you are patient, Monster Turbines from the Monster Outlet Store. They go for between $40-$60 refurbished. Of course they don't come with a full arsenal of accessories (most people reporting 1 pair of tips) but they are expensive monitors, definately bassy (far too bassy for me) and good SQ overall.

Feb 24, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #10 of 14
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LNO722?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Your in luck, amazon goldbox sale for $58.99

I'm a huge basshead and am debating if I should replace these for the Brainwavz M2 I just picked up.

The Brainwavz M2 sounds great but its not bass heavy enough for me...... although I love the non-tangle cord. 

Anybody have the M2s and Turbines wanna give some input? In terms of bass, are the turbines really superior?

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #13 of 14
The JVC FX3X offers subwoofer like bass experience with quality deep bass and over all crisp clear soundquality. The other IEMs like Sony EX310, Panasonic HJE450, SOL AMPs HD, Turbine are pretty good bass heavy IEMs. But if you go little over your current budget and buy Sony XB90EX, they are very bassheavy IEMs with very detailed soundquality.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
quote.gif

I just received my Shure SE215, and you can see they are particulary bass heavy (I attached below the frequency curve). Yes they are more pricey (i got them at 99$ CAD) but probably worth it...Plus they look gorgeous in transparent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back