Earphones with Soundstage
Apr 24, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #16 of 24
I'll add the Shuoer Tape for soundstage width, although keep in mind the FR needs some time to get used to it, it initially sounded compressed to me

Coolest soundstage I remember is still the Sennheiser Momentum IEMs, but aside from that and the solid low end they sound comically unnatural

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #18 of 24
Thanks for the help guys

I might start by getting a pair of Blon BL-03's and perhaps the TRI I3's. Does anyone know anywhere to get these other than Aliexpress in Australia.

FYI: I ask about this as I don't use closed back headphones. I've found that at home I only use open back and anywhere that I would need the isolation or lack of leakage that closed back's provide IEM's are so much better thanks to the portability.

Thanks

Coming from open backed headphone to IEMs, you will still find that most IEMs sound "in your head" for music. It does take a period of adjustment, not surprising as the IEM transducer is inside the ear canal and so most of em can't compete with open backed cans in the soundstage department. But IEMs make it up in terms of isolation, portability and generally being easily drivable compared to some high impedance headphones.

If u do get the BLON BL-03, most westerners have an issue with the short nozzle, which provides suboptimal fit. So most headfiers have to use a longer eartip nozzle (eg spinfits), or use a spacer mod of some sort to get the best fit. Fit is extremely important in an IEM, it can make or break the sound. So be prepared to spend a few more bucks for this.

For TRI I3, I got mine from the HIFIGO Aliexpress shop. They have their own HIFIGO storefront (seperate from aliexpress), and so far I've never had issues with their service from the store. I think the Amazon Japan site has the TRI I3 too, though I don't understand Japanese, and perhaps they don't ship outside Japan too.

Best of luck in your search!

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #20 of 24
Thanks for all the replies, I've ordered the Blon BL-03 and once I find a decent place to get the Jade ea3's will probably get them as well. For the moment the couple hundred dollars that the TRI I3's retail for is out of my budget but I will look to getting one in the near future to test. Will report back once I have them.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #21 of 24
Thanks for all the replies, I've ordered the Blon BL-03 and once I find a decent place to get the Jade ea3's will probably get them as well. For the moment the couple hundred dollars that the TRI I3's retail for is out of my budget but I will look to getting one in the near future to test. Will report back once I have them.
I have the bl03, but my new fiio FH1S, has for me a wider and better soundstage.

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #22 of 24
Sorry for the late reply. Having had my Bl-03's for a while now I can report that they definitely have soundstage but it is more in a way that you feel more immersed within the music rather than having it come from purely inside my head.

I find that in technical soundstage where I can pinpoint a specific sound coming from outside my head my Tin T2's do better. That may be a combination of their decent soundstage and good imaging from their brighter sound.

Further suggestions would be welcome in both the budget arena but also in terms of a solid high end IEM in the around $1000 range.

Thanks

Jun 10, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #23 of 24
Sorry for the late reply. Having had my Bl-03's for a while now I can report that they definitely have soundstage but it is more in a way that you feel more immersed within the music rather than having it come from purely inside my head.

I find that in technical soundstage where I can pinpoint a specific sound coming from outside my head my Tin T2's do better. That may be a combination of their decent soundstage and good imaging from their brighter sound.

Further suggestions would be welcome in both the budget arena but also in terms of a solid high end IEM in the around $1000 range.

Thanks
So basically you need something with good depth in soundstage and good imaging.
At 1k there are plenty of options you just need to narrow down what signature you like.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #24 of 24
So basically you need something with good depth in soundstage and good imaging.
At 1k there are plenty of options you just need to narrow down what signature you like.

In general I like a fairly neutral signature with decent extension in the low end as to ensure I don't feel like its missing anything but otherwise a slight focus on the upper frequencies for detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back