Earphones with detachable cables?
Apr 1, 2010 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

awesomedeluxe

New Head-Fier
Hey all, found this forum and thought it'd be the right place to ask for recommendations! I used to use a pair of Shure SE530s, which were great except I kept having to get them fixed because the wire kept breaking. No surprise the upcoming SE535s will have detachable cables. I'm strongly considering waiting for them to buy my next pair, but it's a little disappointing that they only upgraded the outsides. Can anyone recommend a pair that they think has better sound quality?

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 6
There's not so much an upgrade rather than a side grade with detachable cables. The IE8 and T.F 10 both have replaceable cables but are quite different.

TL
biggrin.gif
R
TF10 - U Shaped response, quite bassy, detailed highs. VERY hard to fit for small ears.
IE8 - Bloated mid bass, very bassy, smooth but veiled mids. VERY comfortable but you will miss the isolaltion of shure.

I heard Shure fixed up the drivers a little bit to reduce treble roll off and other issues, I would recommend you wait for the 535 if you are satisfied with your 530.

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 6
JH Audio JH13 Pro and Ultimate Ears UE18 Pro
They both have detachable cables, and I would not be surprised if they have better sound than the Shure SE530 as well.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 6
Most JH audio and UE customs have detachable cables.

Although Im just parroting other people, they say the customs sound better.

As a thought I came up with on my own, Etymotic ER4, crossovers are a -=bad idea=-.

Apr 3, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for all the suggestions! Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to shell out for custom fit--need to keep it under 500. Both the Ultimate Ears and the cubic zirconium Panasonics look good. The latter is really cheap, though looking through some of the pics I'm concerned that the sound isolation wouldn't be that good.

iirc the new shure pairs should be out pretty much any day now no? It'll be interesting to see what the reviews say about them then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back