Earphones upgrade
Jan 18, 2018 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rene Villela

New Head-Fier
Good day everyone….
I need your help deciding which earphones or if I am just wasting my money.
My question is RHA T20 ( T20i ?? ) or Shure SE ( 215, 315, 425 ?? ) ??
I have never seen these earphones so I wanna order them from Amazon. Since I have never tried them all I have done is read so much on the net. The way Amazon works in Japan is I can return them within 30 days if they are defective or if I just don’t want them they MUST BE unopened therefor I need to make sure I’ll keep what I order.
I want them to use on the go with iPhone and Toppin NX4 (DAC/AMP). For the past 3 years I’ve been using Powerbeats Wireless (No amp). I like them and I am not complaining about them, I just want an upgrade.
At home I use a few other headphones. On my desk HD650 which are the headphones I like at most and Monolith. In bed I use Fostex / Massdrop T-X0 and to travel Sony MDR 1000x.
I basically like rock, specially progressive rock. On the go I listen to iTune files (256/44.1) from iCloud.
At home I listen mp3’s (320/44.1) for casual listening and for ALL my favorite bands like Pink Floyd, ELP, Tomita, etc I only listen FLAC files.
Also I use VOX in my Macs so I can also stream to my iPhone.

So, after reading what I like and how I’m planing to use these earphones, which ones do you think I should go for OR I’LL be just wasting my money and should keep using the Powerbeats?

Thanks for you help.

PS. I don't know how to post here. I think this is in the wrong forum....

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Personally, I would add the 1More Quad Driver to your list. It is a very solid sounding IEM that is well-built and fairly durable. I also like the SE425, of those you list. That said, someone else will prefer the RHA (of course). I would read about the 1More and see if that helps you clarify your choices. Again, personally, it would be my preference of those you list. FWIW. Of course, YMMV--as always...

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 3
While I cannot comment on the IEMs you listed, I can further complicate things!

I would recommend that you also consider literally any of the three offerings from Periodic Audio. Their Be IEMs are some of the best sounding IEMs I have ever heard, especially for the price. The Ti and Mg are both quite amazing as well. I have auditioned them multiple times, and they are nothing short of spectacular. The Periodic employees are also some of the friendliest people I have met, so I may be a tad bit biased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back