Earphones that won't get in the way or slip out while working out?
Mar 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mdonova33

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for earphones that I can use while lifting weights, ones that won't "get in the way" while I'm lifting. That is, I don't want the wires to get caught on anything, or the earbuds to slip out of my ears. I would like them to have good sound quality, and I don't particularly care about them letting in noise from the outside.

Any recommendations for earphones that won't get in the way while I'm working out? They can be wired, although bluetooth would be beter. All I care about is that they let me lift without being a hassle. 

Budget is flexible, but I'd prefer to spend less than $100, and more around $50. 

Thanks!

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 4
I just did a review on something that might work but since it has many flaws its not even worth checking out , still here is my review - http://www.head-fi.org/products/jbl-j46bt-bluetooth-wireless-in-ear-stereo-headphone/reviews/10659

A similar product "Jaybird Bluebuds X" works much better and fits your situation , only problem is the price .....I have a weird DIY solution which is cheap , using this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHrMR3RKVAs) velcro works too , just stick it to the back of your shirt and attach your device there , as the cable will be routed behind you'll be good to go without being bothered , this works for everything from generic IEMs to Headphones , hope this helps !  

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I'm looking for earphones that I can use while lifting weights, ones that won't "get in the way" while I'm lifting. That is, I don't want the wires to get caught on anything, or the earbuds to slip out of my ears. I would like them to have good sound quality, and I don't particularly care about them letting in noise from the outside.

Any recommendations for earphones that won't get in the way while I'm working out? They can be wired, although bluetooth would be beter. All I care about is that they let me lift without being a hassle. 

Budget is flexible, but I'd prefer to spend less than $100, and more around $50. 

Thanks!

Look for IEMs that are behind the ear placement design for the wires. That might help hold them in place better when moving around.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 4

Thanks!

Look at the S6p. It have around the ear fit, memory wire (although a problem for some people), armband (And you can use your touchscreen through it), clip, extension cable and sounds good, but not great. Bassheavy and recessed mids IMO. However, great headphone for $28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back