Earphones/IEM: Burn-in time?
Feb 16, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 15
I believe shure's e2c's burn in but I coudln't comment on how long mine took to burn in, Ijust used them or had them playing for the first 2 weeks straight i had them and liked/like the sound.

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #6 of 15
In order to facilitate burn-in of the UE-10 pro, you should place them in the microwave and zap them for a few minutes.

This alleviates the congestion in the upper-midrange and contributes to lower harmonic distortion above 16khz.

-Matt

Feb 16, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
are u kidding about microwaving them?

and do my shure e3g burn in?

He might not be kidding, however I would strong advise against it. Either that or try some common sense
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 7:00 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
In order to facilitate burn-in of the UE-10 pro, you should place them in the microwave and zap them for a few minutes.

This alleviates the congestion in the upper-midrange and contributes to lower harmonic distortion above 16khz.

-Matt

I found this isn't the most effective burn in method. I always use a fan forced oven, pre-heat for 15 minutes ...place IEMs on an oven tray....cook for 40 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown.

Either that, or just stick them in the toaster LOL.
eek.gif

Disclaimer
: HeavyBassMan will not be held responsible for any person who destroys their perfectly good pair of IEMs using the forementioned burn-in method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back