Earphones/headphones - looking for versatility
May 8, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #16 of 20
Update: I haven't been happy with the RHAs. It might be that they just don't fit right in my canal, but I don't know, but the sound is very distant and a bit tinny; honestly my iPod stock headphones sound better. I've tried all of the bevy of tips they provide, and little change. I'm thinking I'll go back to Sennheiser (probably the CX 3.00) and hope they last longer than 3 years this time :S

May 8, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 20
If you'd still like to take the upgrade path, consider the VSonic GR07. They are likely a further departure from your Sennheiser earphones, but for $100, they are one of the best values in earphones, very ergonomic and easy to fit and provide exactly that versatility which you are looking for. Be aware, though, that their bass response is much closer to neutral than the RHA mentioned earlier. There is plenty of impact and it is virtually distortion-free, but the bass will not sound as big as you are probably used to hearing.

May 8, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #18 of 20
  If you'd still like to take the upgrade path, consider the VSonic GR07. They are likely a further departure from your Sennheiser earphones, but for $100, they are one of the best values in earphones, very ergonomic and easy to fit and provide exactly that versatility which you are looking for. Be aware, though, that their bass response is much closer to neutral than the RHA mentioned earlier. There is plenty of impact and it is virtually distortion-free, but the bass will not sound as big as you are probably used to hearing.

I'll check them out - thanks for the suggestion!

May 10, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #20 of 20
  Update: I haven't been happy with the RHAs. It might be that they just don't fit right in my canal, but I don't know, but the sound is very distant and a bit tinny

I know these IEMs need a deep fit into the ear canal; twist them in as they're going into your ear and pull gently on the top of your ear at the same time and with your mouth open, they should slip straight in. Once they're in , pull them out a tiny bit to ensure a good seal. The sound signature is a sparkly treble with a fast deep bass, you should be able to achieve that using one of the tips provided. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back