Earphones/Headphones in $100-$150 range?
Nov 16, 2011 at 5:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HungryHippo

New Head-Fier
Hey guys so after about a year with my HJE900, the cable has given out completely. The only replacement cable available out there with a reasonable price is the SA6 replacement cable which has received poor reviews due to its quality. As a result, I've concluded that it may be time to purchase new phones. $150 is my absolute limit. In terms of sound signature, I like the HJE900's although I feel that they can be sibilant and too bright at times. Nevertheless, I like their overall warmth in addition to their tight and fast bass.

Moreover, I haven't been around the audiophile scene for a while so my knowledge on the current day market has declined over time (which is why I've come to all of you) so if there are any phones out there that are worth waiting for that fit my budget, please mention them.

Thanks

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm looking for an upgrade for hje900's also and the two primary contenders (for me) are the vsonic gr07 and the jvc fxt90. The brainwavz b2 and sony mdr ex600 are also mentioned a lot, but are slightly more than $150.
Although if you're looking to replace your hje's, I happen to have a pair for sale...(shameless plug here)
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 4
lol I appreciate the reply, however at the time being, i simply cannot afford any of the headphones that you listed haha I plan to buy a decent pair of earphones until i can afford to upgrade. At this point, I'm strongly considering the Sunrise Impressive Edition. However, I hope to hear from someone who has listened to both the panas and the Sunrise before making my purchase. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back