Earphones For Running and Gym Use
Jun 2, 2012 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kage

Head-Fier
I'm currently looking to get earphones that are suitable for running and for gym use. I have the Sony MDR-EX310 and I don't like them for gym and for running because the earbuds fall out when I sweat. I'm looking at getting some earphones that are sweat and water resistant and I came up with the Sony XBA-S65 and the Sennheiser CX-680i. I have a 6th gen iPod Nano and iPhone 4S, but I prefer to use my Nano for gym and running. Out of the two (XBA-S65 and CX-680i) which one is better? or if you have any other suggestions please list them.

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 3
If you want something that is open, look at the JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks. It is only $8 on Amazon. It is very comfortable with rubber earhooks that are adjustable. Imo it is important to use open headphones or earphones and keep the volume low when running near traffic. If you feel it is safe to use something closed, then look at the JVC Riptidz IEM. It is listed as sweat and water resistant. Don't let the low prices fool you. These sound quite decent. JVC also has IEMs with earhooks. I haven't heard those though. I imagine they might sound somewhat like the Riptidz IEM.

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 3
If price is negotiable, customs are a great choice. Since the IEMS are made with your ear impressions, they are designed to fit you, although they come with a hefty price tag. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back